Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Dumas, Alexandre (Père): LA TULIPE NOIRE [en Français], v.1, 2 Sep 2008.

Ce très célèbre roman, écrit en 1850, se passe en Hollande, en 1672. Sur fond de conspiration contre Guillaume d’Orange, il narre les efforts de Cornélius van Baerle pour créer la mythique tulipe noire, objet de toutes les convoitises.

This famous novel, written in 1850, goes to Holland in 1672. Sur fond de conspiration contre Guillaume d’Orange, il narre les efforts de Cornélius van Baerle pour créer la mythique tulipe noire, objet de toutes les convoitises. Against the backdrop of conspiracy against William of Orange, he tells the efforts of Cornelius van Baerle to create the mythical black tulip, the object of everyone's desire.

English Version can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23332
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf LA TULIPE NOIRE.lrf (315.7 KB, 726 views)
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
merci beaucoup pour ce livre en français ! nous t'en sommes très reconnaissants. j'ai rajouté des tags pour pouvoir le trouver facilement.

(for the non-francophones : "thank you very much for this book in french ! we really appreciate it. i've added some tags to find it easily.")
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
merci beaucoup pour ce livre en français ! nous t'en sommes très reconnaissants. j'ai rajouté des tags pour pouvoir le trouver facilement.

(for the non-francophones : "thank you very much for this book in french ! we really appreciate it. i've added some tags to find it easily.")

Or, as Google translate tells me "thank you very much for this book in french! Worry we are very grateful. I added tags to be able to find easily."

What, you think we're just going to take your word for it? Worry indeed!

I love machine translation. I should do Dumas as translated by Google. Ooh, now THAT would be abomination.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hee ! acidzebra needs to join the Ministry of Unutterable Silliness.

if acidzebra finds babelfish machine translation amusing, acidzebra also needs to read Mark Twain's translation back into english of a french translation of "the jumping frog of Calaveras county". (i actually made an .imp version of this text but at the time i didn't know how to make any other formats. hopefully one day i will get around to making an epub version at least. this week perhaps.)

personally, i adore babelfish machine translation. i sometimes spend hours feeding it whatever random text i have lying around (for best results, translate, then translate the translation back. hilariously absurd nonsense guaranteed). endless entertainment.

(where it got "worry" in this particular text though, i'm at a loss to say.)

if you ever do make a machine translation of Dumas, please please give me a copy.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, reiteration is key. Google's machine translation is actually too good, the fish is much better at complete mangling.

Babel's English > Dutch > French > English run on the above sentence got me:
Quote:
Yes, the repetition is very important. Google' ; S the automatic translation is to tell the truth too well, is the fish much improve at the time calendering complete.
Google Translate on the same sentence, same language sequence:
Quote:
Yes, repetition is key. Google's automatic translation is actually too good, fish is much better at full mangling.
Wow, that is actually a little creepy. If that keeps improving, I think translators are going the way of the steamboat captains.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-02-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

"is the fish much improve at the time calendering complete"

brilliant !! see, this is why i love babelfish.

seriously, take a look at that twain text. it's really short (especially if you skip the french version in the middle ; that makes it 1/3 shorter right there), but it is worth the read. trust me.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

oh, and google translate might be good but i'm deeply frustrated by it because it will not translate hungarian.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, and google translate might be good but i'm deeply frustrated by it because it will not translate hungarian.
Meh, who does?

:P

Site bookmarked, jumping frogs later, bed first. Thanks.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Madam Broshkina.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Intertran for all my Hungarian translation needs.

ÉN használ Törzsek közötti részére minden az én -m Magyar fordítás szükséges.

http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml
Old 09-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

köszönöm, Madam Broshkina, mégegyszer ön megment a nap.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

-a szívesen lát
Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lát mint süket. ;-)

This thread genuinely warmed my heart! You might be glad to know that Google now does support (imperfect) translation to and from Hungarian.

Google Translation's take on the first few verses of the Hungarian bible is particularly interesting:

Quote:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The ground is bare and bleak was the abyss of darkness, but the Spirit of God hovered over the waters. Then God said, Let there be light! And have been light.
It was BLEAK, I tells ya!

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
français, french, french language, french novels