Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Stephen King fans......`

"The Stand" is now available from amazon.com for Kindle.......whoo hoo!!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Stand/dp/B...5194763&sr=1-1
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
"The Stand" is now available from amazon.com for Kindle.......whoo hoo!!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Stand/dp/B...5194763&sr=1-1
Woo hoo!, Thanks for posting that. That was the book I selected in the thread about books we wanted to see as ebooks. It's been downloaded!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ooooohh .... that is so tempting. But, I've read it four times already I think. And it's the complete unabridged edition, that runs 1100+ pages in hardback.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Already bought from Fictionwise with a handy 100% micropay rebate
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fictionwise

Ya know I would have bought it there too, but they don't download for kindle...or am I missing something?
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Afraid I have a Sony so I don't know, but I'm sure if its legal to remove the drm you can convert formats easily enough
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ya know I would have bought it there too, but they don't download for kindle...or am I missing something?
I only see 2 versions of the file available for free. eReader and Microsoft Reader. I got the free one for Microsoft Reader so that it can be read on my computer but I'm having some issues.

Quote:
Activation Error
Microsoft Activation Server is unavailable

Microsoft Activation Server is offline for regular maintenance or upgrade, or it may have technical difficulties now. Please try activating again later
I'll try again later.

Edit: Don't anyone else try this. It looks like I still got charged the $17.95 and it was added to my "micropay" account. So, far this book was not free to me from Fictionwise.

Last edited by daffy4u; 07-04-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Available for free? Where did you see that? The 0$ in there is relative. The 100% micropay would mean the book is free, but it's not. You have to pay for it. You just get a credit of 17,95 to spend in OTHER ebooks.

Or at least that's what I understood. Anyway, booksonboard have a PRC version, for 13.86$.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Well, I have learned my lesson in the ways of Micropay. I'll stick to Amazon. I already bought it for $9.99.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

And this is why........

The kindle is going to be such a success......its too easy to buy a book. Badda bing badda boom.......click a button and its done. No muss no fuss.....no coupons, low prices, clean and easy no matter where you are......almost.......and I know that behind the scenes, they gotta be working on international availability. Too much money to be made,.