Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Phillips, Mark: The Impossibles. v1. 13 Feb 2008

From Wikipedia:

“Mark Phillips was the joint pseudonym used by science fiction writers Laurence Mark Janifer and Randall Philip Garrett in the early 1960s. Together they authored several humorous short novels in the so-called "Psi-Power" series: Brain Twister (1962), The Impossibles (1963), and Supermind (1963). For Brain Twister they were nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1960 (under the novel's original title, "That Sweet Little Old Lady"

In hopes of replicating the success of spy stories such as James Bond (which were hugely popular at the time), the pair decided to combine a traditional spy narrative with humor and extra-sensory perception to appeal to readers of science fiction.”

The books in order are:

Brain Twister
The Impossibles
Supermind

I'll be posting all three books.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Take a look under Garrett, Randall... You'll find that 'That Sweet Little Old Lady" and "The Impossibles" are both up there already. Not sure if I got Supermind or not...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Well, I guess I screwed up all the way around on that one. Don't know why I didn't check the index first, I usually do. And I see that JSWolf has posted Brain Twister under Phillips, Mark. My sincere apologies to the both of you. I certainly didn't intentionally mean to be duplicating anyone's work. For sure I wouldn't have wanted to even use up my own time doing something that didn't need to be done. Perhaps someone who has the power to do so can remove them.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote