Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
doofus2
doofus2 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I did something stupid

A friend asked me to evaluate the iLiad and sent me one. I had it out of the box less than 20 minutes and messed it up. I was setting up the pin number and must have got it wrong because it keeps telling me I have the wrong pin.

Is there a way to set it back to the factory defaults. I am going to be VERY embarrassed if I have to go back and say I broke it.
doofus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
bazmi
Enthusiast
bazmi began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr 1000s, sony prs 700, 505, iliad BE. N800, SL6000, SL3200...
i dont know if you can reflash the device without the developer package. if you can, the instructions are here:

http://www.openiliad.com/node/6

you would still need the CF card contents but i guess you can ask irex to send that to you or ask them if you can get it from one of us.

good luck

/bazmi.
bazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I'm pretty sure you need to install the developers kit before you can reflash, which is basically impossible without the PIN.

I remember a thread a long time ago on the iRex forum from someone in the exact same situation (forgot the PIN). I'll see if I can find it. I think iRex gave them a workaround, but don't remember what it was.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Don't even think about re flashing if you're a first time user of a borrowed Iliad...

The official way to reset the pin code is via your 'my irex' account.
https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php

You will need the mac-address (written on the back of the Iliad)

I'm not sure if you will be able to create and activate a 'my irex' account without access to your Iliad...

HTH, Hansel
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have setup a MyiRex account on that iLiad, then you can go to the https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php website, login, and click on "Reset PIN code". Then press the connect button on the iLiad and it'll sync with iDS and clear the PIN for you.

If you don't have a MyiRex account setup yet, then you will probably need to contact iRex and ask them what to do.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Ha! Two answers at the same time!

For completeness: here is a link to the user manual. The section about pin codes starts at page 63.

Good luck!

http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...wnloaditemid=4
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Ha! Two answers at the same time!