Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #211
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Just got the "Shipped" update. Also see that my serial number has been populated with foreign dictionaries loaded in my library. I should get my hands on the Paperwhite and case tomorrow!
Gah! Just when I promised myself I'd stop checking the page because it was unlikely to change! :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #212
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Thank god! Mine just shipped as well (9:25 pm local time)!

Although I ordered the cover a day later and with slower shipping, it looks like they got packaged together and will both arrive tomorrow woohoo.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #213
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
My order shipped, and is now in a city an hour's drive from here. Even though I'm supposed to get it Thursday, I think it will be Wednesday. I've seen this before with fedex smart, it will arrive in town tomorrow, transfer to the PO, and will be delivered by USPS the day after tomorrow.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #214
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Just got the "Shipped" update. Also see that my serial number has been populated with foreign dictionaries loaded in my library. I should get my hands on the Paperwhite and case tomorrow!
You lucky Dog.. have fun.. give us a report..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #215
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Gah! Just when I promised myself I'd stop checking the page because it was unlikely to change! :-)
I was afraid that my constant checking was slowing Amazon down .
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #216
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I'm not going to go back through the entire thread, but did anyone else get their PW today? My wifi-only PW SO shipped yesterday and I got it this morning. Have been enjoying it, mostly, but have some screen splotchiness and syncing problems.

Update: Strike that part about splotchiness. This was something on the surface of the screen, which wiped off. The screen has very nice, uniform lighting except for the very bottom where there's some shadowing.

Last edited by wynand32; 10-02-2012 at 01:48 AM.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #217
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
My cover just shipped via USPS (shame that it'll apparently be empty). Tracking info says that it should arrive Wed. It originally had an estimated arrival of the 12th - 15th. I used SuperSaver shipping.

The Kindle itself stills says "Not yet shipped". Such is life.
I purposely didn't order my cover with my PW because I knew, having the cover sitting here w/ no Paperwhite, to put in it, would drive me crazy! So I waited. Now, my cover will arrive 10 days after my PW, because I waited.

Last edited by SolRaven; 10-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #218
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I purposely didn't order my cover with my PW because I knew, having the cover sitting here w/ no Paperwhite, to put in it, would drive me crazy! So I waited. Now, my cover will arrive 10 days after my PW, because I waited.
I was worried that my Kindle would show up first and that I wouldn't feel comfortable using it... silly me!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #219
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
I'm not going to go back through the entire thread, but did anyone else get their PW today? My wifi-only PW SO shipped yesterday and I got it this morning. Have been enjoying it, mostly, but have some screen splotchiness and syncing problems.
Any chance you could post a picture? I'd like to see what you're seeing.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #220
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
I've only seen one other person say they got theirs today, and that was in the Kindle Boards forum. what kind of splotchiness are you seeing? Is it the eInk or the light layer? I noticed one of the reviews from this morning had light and dark shadows from the light at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-02-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #221
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My first order just shipped. The others are scheduled out more than a week or two, but they were ordered a day after the first one.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #222
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
There's been a couple people on here that received them today. Both posted in the user review thread on here mentioning the light being uneven.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #223
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Paperwhite finally changed to shipped! So happy! It's after midnight here and I just got the email. I checked the tracking and it says it left PA at 3:00 PM yesterday. The system is obviously very behind. I'm so happy I'll have it today!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #224
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
There's been a couple people on here that received them today. Both posted in the user review thread on here mentioning the light being uneven.
You can easily see the uneven light about 1 minute into the video review done by the Verge. Look at the bottom of the PW screen. It appears to be worse in low light.

Verge Video Review

Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #225
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You can easily see the uneven light about 1 minute into the video review done by the Verge. Look at the bottom of the PW screen. It appears to be worse in low light.

Verge Video Review

Thanks for that. It is uneven, but it won't be a deal breaker for me I really don't think. I guess we'll see.