Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
How do I deauthorize my T1 from Adobe DRM?

Hi,
I am finally selling my T1. Can somebody please let me know how I can deauthorize the device from Adobe DRM?
Additional info: I still have the Reader app on my Mac installed, I do not have a Windows PC, so no access to Adobe Digital Editions.
Thanks,
Diddy
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm not sure about your real question, but there is no reason you can't install Adobe Digital Editions on your Mac. I use it on mine.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
diddy
Connoisseur

Basically I have authorized my T1 with Adobe DRM. As I am selling it, I want to deauthorize it so that the new owner cannot use my credentials.

I read on a forum that Adobe Digital Editions has an option to deauthorize a device, this is why I mentioned. On the Mac Adobe Digital Editions doesn't recognize the T1 (at least on my Mac, if this is wrong, please let me know).
Old 02-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't know how it works on the T1, but on the "old" PRS600 a factory reset (hard reset) erased all settings, including Adobe authorization.
I think Adobe, whether on MC or PC, doesn't recognize the T!, so you have to use Sony software for Adobe content. Or something like that...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Be sure to deauthorize it in your Sony Reader application while it's plugged into your computer. I forgot to remove one I sold to a friend, and it still shows that it belongs to me, in Sony's software.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Connect your device to the computer, start Reader for Mac. Sign into your account and under the list of devices you should see the T1. Click on Deauthorize & you're done.

I've done that for 2 readers now, a 300 & a 350 to prep for selling. The device itself will show not authorized for DRM content which frees it up for the buyer to authorize for DRM reading.

Hope that helps.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, diddy. The Reader for Mac software is missing the deauthorize button. It only has rename as an option. You can deauthorize the T1 wirelessly. On your T1 click the Reader Store icon on the home screen. Select Account in the upper-right corner. In the "My Account Overview" list is an item called "Device Settings". Select the Edit button next to it. Then click Deauthorize in the next screen that opens.

Alternatively, you can contact Sony support at 1-877-263-2863. Give them the name of the device and the date that it was authorized.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
diddy
Connoisseur

Many thanks all for your feedback:
Let me summarize:
- Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions: The T1 does not get recognized
- Reader Store directly on T1: We still don't have one in the UK

I guess this leaves calling Sony. I will try to do this tomorrow then.
Again, thanks all for your help all the time I've been around this forum!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The Reader for Mac software is missing the deauthorize button.

Hi Bookworm Girl!! I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. That's a really odd thing for them not to have no? Any ideas why you can deauthorize on a PC but not on a Mac? That just doesn't make any sense to me.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
Many thanks all for your feedback:
Let me summarize:
- Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions: The T1 does not get recognized
- Reader Store directly on T1: We still don't have one in the UK

I guess this leaves calling Sony. I will try to do this tomorrow then.
Again, thanks all for your help all the time I've been around this forum!
I have seen UK users post that they set their location as US to be able to authorize wirelessly. It might work for deauthorize as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Hi Bookworm Girl!! I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. That's a really odd thing for them not to have no? Any ideas why you can deauthorize on a PC but not on a Mac? That just doesn't make any sense to me.
I think it is just a bug with the new software. You can deauthorize the older models with Reader Library for Mac software.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
diddy
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot! I don't think changing the Location on the device will enable me to enter the store (which I have to do deauthorize, or?). I think I tried this before and it didn't do the trick ... but I'll give it another go.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

The UK Sony Style website says to call the number below for help. Someone in the UK might have a better number that they've used in the past.

Quote:
For post sale product support, you can call us on :

0844 8466 555
Our call centres are open :
Mon-Fri, 09hrs-17hrs (local time)

4p per minute from a standard BT line, charges from other networks may vary.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #13
diddy
Connoisseur

Many thanks for your help! Much appreciated!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
diddy
Connoisseur

Ok, I change the country to US on the T1 and can access the store. I registered and there is no device listed under device settings. Ok, I'll call up Sony now, but I'd also like to know if there is a way to delete my Sony Reader account details on the T1?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Eh.... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Connect your device to the computer, start Reader for Mac. Sign into your account and under the list of devices you should see the T1. Click on Deauthorize & you're done.

I've done that for 2 readers now, a 300 & a 350 to prep for selling. The device itself will show not authorized for DRM content which frees it up for the buyer to authorize for DRM reading.

Hope that helps.

Ummmm... so that means you/whoever wouldn't have to make the acqaintance of Apprentice Alf ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote