Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
murphy112
murphy112 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
issues with calibre

I use calibre since a long time and it works fine for me. My books are on my NAS, no problems.
But since Calibre 2.49 I cannot import ebooks, updating to 2.50 changed nothing, downgrading to 2.47 changed nothing too. I always get a message like this
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the book: Alfresco 5.0 - Quickstart: Dokumentenmanagement und Teamwork mit der freien Community Edition (German Edition)
C:\Users\achim\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fkxlfk\a mbxpk_add_books\0\Alfresco 5.0 - Quickstart_ Dokumentenmanagement und Teamwork mit der freien Community Edition (German Edition).azw3
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 369, in add_book
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 214, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1519, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1245, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1232, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1054, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 513, in set_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 437, in many_many
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 820, in executemany
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
ConstraintError: ConstraintError: Foreign key violation: authors is still referenced

When starting Calibre in debug mode, I get the following message:

calibre Debug log
calibre 2.47 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\achim\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\DeD RM\6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && Ignoble Epub DeDRM && eReader PDB 2 PML && Inept PDF DeDRM
Starting up...
Started up in 10.73 seconds with 413 books

I don't know what is wrong. Can anybody help me to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance
murphy

Last edited by murphy112; 01-30-2016 at 11:57 AM.
murphy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do not store your library on a NAS. End of story. The fact that it used to work makes you incredibly lucky, and your luck has just run out.
We can't help you get lucky, consult your $DEITY.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I suspect Database corruption (see the constraint error). Create a new library on the local machine and add one book. If this works, try creating a new database on the NAS and add one book. If this works use Restore Database from the library maintenance menu on your original library. This will completely rebuild your database at which stage you should hopefully be able to add books again.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I suspect Database corruption (see the constraint error). Create a new library on the local machine and add one book. If this works, try creating a new database on the NAS and add one book. If this works use Restore Database from the library maintenance menu on your original library. This will completely rebuild your database at which stage you should hopefully be able to add books again.
Using calibre on a NAS is still unsupported, even after running Restore Database. It will just corrupt itself again...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
murphy112
murphy112 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I tried to add a book in a new generated database on a local drive. It works.
I added all books from the old library (NAS) to the new one on the local drive and everything is okay.
Thanks for your support.
murphy
murphy112 is offline   Reply With Quote