Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #106
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
That doesn't work either.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #107
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
That doesn't work either.
What does not work?
Please include context.
If you don't use the "quick reply" box, the context will be auto-quoted for you by the editor.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #108
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Typing "cd /mnt/us" doesn't work either.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #109
icantbebothered
Penguin

On second thoughts, don't worry about anything I've said. I've found another program called dialogue which lets me look at what's going on inside folders.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #110
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
It should work. You didn't happen to type the single quotes shown in Titano's post, or the double quotes shown in your post, did you? Try typing those commands without quotes.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-31-2012 at 03:22 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #111
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hm... how odd... So lets go over this and see if we can fix it.
  1. You can't access your files after opening up xterm and typing the command "/mnt/us". This makes since because "/mnt/us" is not a command, it's a directory. The message you should have gotten is "-sh: /mnt/us: Permission denied".
  2. You tried the command "mntroot rw" and then typed "/mnt/us" again.
  3. You tried the command "cd /mnt/us" and it failed. Can you give us the error message it gave you. That would really help!
Okay, now @icantbebothered, you can please give us the error message that "cd /mnt/us" give you. Also try this out "mntroot rw && cd /mnt/us", maybe it's a combination of both the inability to read the folder and a incorrect command.

I highly recommend xterm, it's really a great app. Learning how to use terminal can be a little daunting at first but it's a priceless ability. Just remember to keep trying, also the more information the better. Even if you think it's irrelevant, go ahead and post it.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #112
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
I XTERM works with firmware 5.0.0. Sometimes you have to force refresh the screen, but no other problems.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #113
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Please help to teach the terminal to display Cyrillic characters. Is it possible?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #114
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Please help to teach the terminal to display Cyrillic characters. Is it possible?
You can display cyrillic characters encoded as utf8. You must set UTF-8 Encoding and UTF-8 Fonts in VT Fonts menu.
However utf8 or cyrillic input is not supported by now. I am aware of this problem and I want to solve it if time allows.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #115
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi! I spent some time without my kindle, which allowed me to read some books at last

Now, being back, I made some improvements to XTerm package. Most important is ability to rotate screen – landscape and portrait mode. It is triggered by "Rotate Screen" option in main menu. Hope it works ok.

New package as usually here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.gif
Views:	288
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	92284  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #116
Lydovig
Zealot

baf

Thank you very much! You do very necessary work! I look forward to solving the problems of cyrillic input.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #117
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
How can I change Xterm screen size? I want to use only Xterm but matchbox-keyboard.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #118
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoo View Post
How can I change Xterm screen size? I want to use only Xterm but matchbox-keyboard.
Resizing screen is not supported in this version.
What do you want to achieve?

Edit: I think I know what you mean. I read your thread about kindle as external monitor. You may try with this binary. Use it instead of xterm binary included in my package. You will also have to modify startup scripts to avoid starting keyboard and so on.

Last edited by baf; 09-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #119
Tonttu
Tonttu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
How can I set as default the landscape rotation and font size: huge?

When I try to save in nano, it says I have a read only file system. How can I change this? I put nano in the opt folder. I had also installed nano from the GUI Launcher Collection and apparently it uses xterm to launch, but when I replace the xterm with the new version, I don't see the keyboard. The GUI Launcher nano is able to save files ok, even though I can't locate them when exploring through USB.

Last edited by Tonttu; 09-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #120
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
How can I set as default the landscape rotation and font size: huge?
You may change default font size in xterm/layouts/Xresources file. In the following line change 16 to either 18, 20, 22, 24, 28 or 32.
XTerm.VT100.font: -*-terminus-medium-r-normal--16-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
To start xterm in landscape mode, change R in the following line in xterm/bin/xterm.sh to U.
/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonttu View Post
When I try to save in nano, it says I have a read only file system.
I didn't try this version of nano. Maybe you are trying to save in a read-only folder. Where are you saving your files? You should write it in /mnt/us folder or any of its subfolders.
And don't use xterm binary from previous post. In was only for ppoo.

Tags
launcher add-ons