Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
pcferg
pcferg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cover goes missing in Calibre ebook conversion

Hi folks,

I'm an indie author (read: self-published) who is trying to use Calibre to convert what originally was a Word file into a .mobi file for Kindle. I fixed a number of minor formatting problems through trial and error, but one remains. When I send the file to my Kindle, it doesn't bring the cover image along. The image shows in Calibre, and also when I drop the .mobi file onto my Kindle for Mac icon, but not on my actual Kindle.

I'm thinking I might have to insert it somehow in the html file (which I "save as" from Word in order to get Calibre to convert it to .mobi). Is that what you smart people think? Please advise. THANKS!

~Patsy
pcferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Patsy and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in the Calibre section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello Patsy, welcome to MobileRead

As cassidym wrote, posting your question in the Calibre section might be a good idea.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you found Calibre Forum ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
pcferg

Thanks, folks

I'll try the Calibre forum.
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
pcferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Patsy and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in the Calibre section
THANKS! Will do.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote