Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2023, 02:41 PM   #1
mchapman
mchapman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1 not mounting on M2 Mac

My Sony PRS-T1 is no longer mounting on my M2 Mac. It mounted fine when I first bought the Mac.

I have tried three different cables to no avail.

I can turn on the content server in Calibre and download books that way but that is a real pain and I have to know what I want to download because it is so slow to load the pages.

Any ideas?
mchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 06:07 AM   #2
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
did not find it possible to transfer bought or lent ebooks that are in protected format .acsm on the mac to the sony reader; it would however function on the windows pc, using a combination of Adobe Digital Edition and Sony Reader for PC (which is 32bit only);

transfer acsm first to ADE, and from there open the directory to the location of the now downloaded epub, open this epub then in Sony Reader for PC, and transfer it from the software to the Sony Reader. Just plain USB cable needed, no Wifi.

Tried many times the same with MacOS, it just would not function (presumably the Sony Reader for MacOS is older than the windows version, and hence the same procedure would not function).

if you just want to transfer content via USB to Sony Reader, sure you can find a way, but sometimes upgrades breaks things, it has been mentioned that older USB 1.1 support is flaky in newer macs; thhink you need to take that into account.
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2023, 06:28 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchapman View Post
My Sony PRS-T1 is no longer mounting on my M2 Mac. It mounted fine when I first bought the Mac.

I have tried three different cables to no avail.

I can turn on the content server in Calibre and download books that way but that is a real pain and I have to know what I want to download because it is so slow to load the pages.

Any ideas?
Use the Reading List plugin with calibre. That way you can mark which eBooks you want to put on your T1 and it wll do it once the T1 is plugged in without your having to remember what eBook you want.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #4
mchapman

Can see PRS-T1 with M2 Mac

Thanks all for the responses.

Once I can see the PRS-T1 on my Mac I know how to deal with it. The problem is that it never mounts on the desktop so I can't do anything with it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something?
Old 11-27-2023, 07:48 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try connecting via a hub.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2023, 08:44 AM   #6
mchapman

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried two different hubs and three different cables but eReader still will not mount on the Mac desktop.

Has anyone been able to mount the PRS-T1 on an M2 Macbook?
Old 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchapman View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried two different hubs and three different cables but eReader still will not mount on the Mac desktop.

Has anyone been able to mount the PRS-T1 on an M2 Macbook?
Can it be mounted an a Windows computer or an Intel Mac?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:18 AM   #8
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Do you see it connected in Disk Utility?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 06:24 AM   #9
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
would check if you have a compatible usb cable that allows also for PC detection; usb cables are different, some allow only for recharging and dont allow for data transmission; maybe you have changed the cable since you bought your mac_?
using older macs, so cant help you further.
good luck!
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 02:45 PM   #10
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
mchapman-

I just had the same issue as you on my new iMac, and came across your post while trying to figure it out.

Swapping the cable from a USB port to a Thunderbolt port (with a lightning bolt symbol), solved it for me. I'm also using an Insignia (Best Buy brand) USB-C adapter cable.

I know it's been a while since your post, but I hope this helps!
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mac, prs-t1