Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
cdecaf
cdecaf began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Talking [Metadata Source Plugin] Crossref DOI Download

I put together a plugin to download metadata from Crossref.
You can download it at calibre-crossref-doi-download/releases.

This is my first plugin for calibre so be gentle

Unfortunately Crossref is giving me a hard time and throttles my requests. Therefore it is much less tested than I'd like. Maybe make a backup before you try it.

The github page for development is crossref-doi-download. I'd be particularly interested if you got tips to improve the code.

Crossref results include a number of interesting fields - few of them fit into the default columns of calibre. I'd be interested if you have ideas where to put them.

There's also a thing that they forward you to a faster server if you add an email address to your request. There's a field in the settings for that. Doesn't seem optimal.

Last edited by cdecaf; 09-23-2020 at 08:36 AM.
cdecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Importing Citations to Calibre in RIS, XML, BibTeX, EndNote, or Mendelay Formats

Quote:
Crossref results include a number of interesting fields - few of them fit into the default columns of calibre. I'd be interested if you have ideas where to put them.

For general context, see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49&postcount=4

For specific ideas, see:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74&postcount=1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...91&postcount=1

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
cdecaf
cdecaf began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I didn't have the "Extract RIS Citations" plugin on my radar. Need to try that, looks very useful. So far I like the detailed configuration options.

Too bad Zotero is always suggested in conjunction - the reason I started this plugin is that I have become frustrated with Zotero.
cdecaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata download