Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #16
PacificNW
Junior Mint
PacificNW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle of DOOM
Metadata Sources

I have the default sources configured, unchanged.
[Amazon/Google/Open Library]

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How many sources do you have configured? Audiobook only might be because whatever is broken, is the only one that is still functioning.
I just did a test on my laptop running (a never updated) Calibre 3.29, Same issue.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #17
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
Same problem here. Renaming the json file helps temporarily.
Advert
Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #18
jomel123
jomel123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
This didn't do the trick for me. I still have the following msg:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 289, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\worker.py ", line 102, in single_identify
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 79, in patch_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\update.py ", line 62, in patch_search_engines
File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
ImportError: No module named polyglot.builtins
Does anyone have a solution?
Old 09-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #19
JanSH
JanSH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Workaround/temporary solution has been posted earlier in this thread.

Last edited by JanSH; 09-10-2018 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added link
Old 09-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #20
jomel123
jomel123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Further to msg #18. I deleted the json files and now they do not exist even when I restart calibre.
Advert
Old 09-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomel123 View Post
Further to msg #18. I deleted the json files and now they do not exist even when I restart calibre.
They get recreated when attempting a Metadata download, not by just starting Calibre
Old 09-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #22
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificNW View Post

EDIT: I also tried a two-byte file, containing an empty JSON dataset {}. This also works.
This solution works for me, I closed and opened calibre repeatedly and the problem seems no more here, I downloaded metadata each time.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #23
AlisaP
AlisaP has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Thanks so much for the workaround .
Old 09-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Thread closed - see this thread ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310578

BR
Closed Thread

Tags
metadata download