Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 04:59 AM   #1
faniediv
faniediv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Metadata in 3.29 and sorting

When I start Calibre I would like to have it always sorted with the newest books on top. It is not a big thing as I just use the Date Column to sort, but it would be nice to have it started up already sorted. Is this possible?

Then, in the newest version 3.29, when I download metadata for several books and I use the "Review downloaded metadata" function I am unable to use the arrow to move data from the right side panel into the left. Can I change this somewhere?

Hope I am not just being stupid
faniediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:15 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
For the first one I have no answer in the "standard" calibre view (I use the "View Manager" plugin for customizing some things in the view, one of them the initial sort). The second one is a bug (already reported in another thread -I don't remember which- ) and it will be corrected in the next release.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->tweaks->sort columns at startup

and for the review dialog it is a bug fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
faniediv
faniediv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thanks for the response guys.
Kovid you must hear it so many times, but you are the most amazing guy in the world. I read a book a day and Calibre with my Kindle are my most precious belongings!
faniediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks, never hurts to hear some nice words one more time
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
metadata download, sorting