Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
ZioNemo
Enthusiast
ZioNemo began at the beginning.

Device: HTC-p3000
Integrating metadata from Internet

I have a rather large database of books (mainly in Italian) and most of them have some metadata, but it is far from complete.

I would like to "integrate" the missing data with "Download metadata and covers" in a way as automatic as possible.

What I would like is to keep all existing columns at their current value (if any) and fill in the blanks.

Is this possible?

I saw the "Review downloaded metadata" function, but that needs interaction for each book (and takes a lot of time).

I would like something more automatic, if possible.
ZioNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can turn off downloading of specific metadata fields in Preferences->metadata download
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 03:03 AM   #3
ZioNemo
Enthusiast

Thanks Kovid, but that's not what I need.
I need to download all metadata not already present in the specific book.
This is a different set for each book (one may miss cover, another ISBN, a third the Synopsis, etc.)
Old 11-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So do a search, for example:

cover:false

then downlaod onlyt he cover for all those books

or

isbn:false

and download only isbn and so on.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kovid
When you do a Control-D fetch: then review
The New is on the Left and Old is on the Right. Blanks on Left are auto filled from the Right (you have to force overwrites with the arrows)

I think the OP wants the ability to logically flip this direction: as if the Existing (and final) is on the Left and the New is on the Right.
Fill rules would still be Right to Left

I would also find this useful. I normally fix Title, Author Series (case, initials Series, Imprint AKA publisher) and end up clicking those 3 arrows just to get the comments and cover
Having the Destination flip option would save those clicks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As far as I can tell teh OP doesn't want to have to review at all.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
ZioNemo
Enthusiast

Right Kovid. I have a large library and spending even a few seconds on each would tie me for a loooong time.

Your solution looks very viable thanks; anyways I have a problem I need to solve before I can try it; I'll open a different topic.

Tags
auto update, metadata download