Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Bash123
TheBedouin
Bash123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Post Amazon Reviews Metadata Help!

Hi All,
I have a simple question/request. When I am pulling down metadata from Amazon, et al, I would like to pull down the number of reviews for the book. Simple enough, right? I have looked around for examples or how to leverage something existing (I am not too verse with Python and/or the hooks available in Calibre) and could not find anything to do so!! How does the Metadata function work in Calibre when calling the Amazon API for example, or does it?

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to accomplish this even if I have to try out some coding if needed.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
B.
Bash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot, metadata download is restricted to using only the builtin metadata fields. You can, of course, add that information to another field, like comments. But not have it in a field by itself.

As for the code, look in sources/amazon.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon books, library management, metadata download