Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Calibre 0.7.x not working with Trook

Is anyone able to use Trook with Calibre 0.7.x? I'm seeing problems with Trook not reading Calibre 0.7.x (I tried 0.7.1 and 0.7.2) catalogs properly. I first thought it was unique to the /opds page but now I realize the same problem exists with the /stanza page.

I get the RSS icon for my top-level catalog, and the listing of "by Author" "by Title" "by Series" etc but there's no icon for those sub-feeds.

Stanza still works fine, so I suspect some small change which Trook doesn't like I've opened a Trook ticket but would like to find anyone else with a soft-rooted Nook who can confirm the problem exists for them too...

TIA!
Richard

[Edited 2010-06-12 with additional information and Calibre 0.7.2 results]

Last edited by solomon; 06-12-2010 at 04:48 PM.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
solomon
Connoisseur

Whoops - I edited the text but that didn't bump this up, so I'm manually bumping for new 0.7.2 Calibre results.
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
solomon
Connoisseur

After some digging around, I *believe* the problem lies in the fact that Caliber 0.7.x includes more complex links:

0.6.5x returned:
<link type="application/atom+xml" href="/stanza/?sortby=byauthor"/>
where 0.7.x returns:
<link href="/stanza/navcatalog/4e617574686f7273" type="application/atom+xml;type=feed;profile=opds-catalog"/>

When I look at Trook's AtomFeedParser.java it appears the function isStanzaSearchLink() checks the link type for *EQUALITY* with "application/atom+xml" which was true in Stanza 0.6.5x but not in 0.7.x?

It also appears that Stanza reverses the order of the href and type tokens in the link statement, so perhaps Trook only accepts them in that order?

Is there any chance of getting an option for the "simpler" 0.6.xx version xml until Trook can be updated to parse smarter?

TIA,
Richard
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No those links are compliant with the OPDS standard, Trook really should be updated to support them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No those links are compliant with the OPDS standard, Trook really should be updated to support them.
I totally agree - but unfortunately I'm now stuck with no Nook access to my library via WiFi I'd roll back to 0.6.55 except for the database issue.

If I can figure out how to run Calibre from source, and where the code for this is, I'll perhaps try tweaking a local copy until I can make Trook happy - and see exactly what is making it mad. I don't know how to rebuild Trook from source but I've got a ticket open to confirm the problem and hopefully get a fix. I've not even seen that ticket get accepted yet, so I'm not sure where the author stands on the issue. I presume he'll be pretty interested in a fix, I'm just trying to get more books on my Nook before my trip next week!

Richard
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Running calibre from source is trivial, instructions in the user manual. The relevant code in calibre/library/server/opds.py
Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
If I can figure out how to run Calibre from source
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/develop.html
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Thanks, yeah, the problem right now seems to be getting bazaar to fetch through our proxy server. Sigh.

Richard
Old 06-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The source is available as a tarball as well from google code
Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
The source is available as a tarball as well from google code
Thanks! Much better I got bazaar working by defining HTTPS_PROXY environment variable, but it's been crawling for quite a while!

Richard
Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks! Much better
That TarBall is listed as 0.7.2 but seems to run as 0.7.1... just FYI.

Richard
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
When I look at Trook's AtomFeedParser.java it appears the function isStanzaSearchLink() checks the link type for *EQUALITY* with "application/atom+xml" which was true in Stanza 0.6.5x but not in 0.7.x
Yes, when I change the opds.py so NAVLINK returs the simpler "type" (like LINK does) then Trook is happy.

Is there a way to compile my hacked opds.py into opds.pyo so I can copy it over to my headless file server and not have to convert that to running source mode also?

I'm updating Trook Issue 35 with the problem on Trook's side... but I don't know how quickly/if Trook will be updated. Certainly other Nook users should weigh in there if they're concerned.

Richard
Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you dont need to overwrite the pyo file just place the py file next to it. It will be used in preference.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
solomon
Connoisseur

Quote:
you dont need to overwrite the pyo file just place the py file next to it. It will be used in preference.
Awesome, thanks! That was almost too easy Now that I can get to my books again I'll focus on getting Trook's parser fixed!

Thanks a million!
Richard
Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
dpippin
dpippin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Solomon,
I am currently having the same problem. I just went back to to version 0.6.55 of Calibre. I've been looking at the opds.py file but can't figure out what you changed. Can you tell me what you changed in the opds.py file and whether or not you had to recompile the source to apply the changes. In the meantime I hope trook will create an update for the fix but it looks like that could be awhile if ever. Your response is greatly appreciated, thanks.
dpippin is offline   Reply With Quote