Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Makes a great frisbee substitute!

(particularly since you can't read it in the sun)
or a handy (daylight) semaphore ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Good reason to keep one in my backpack when hiking...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #33
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
A curling stone when the ice has melted perhaps.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #34
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Useful as a shaving mirror ?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paperweight.
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #36
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
]quite the cat entertainment device[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
will the rivalry make them spontaneously combust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

I will never buy an Apple product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Personally I find the iPad a tad uncomfortable - doesn't seem that my jeans fit over it
Quote:
Makes a great frisbee substitute!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
A curling stone when the ice has melted perhaps.
Quote:
Useful as a shaving mirror ?
Quote:
Paperweight.

Is it the voice of envy that my ears perceive?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #37
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Not in the least. It is a very limited (in fact crippled) device in most aspects. I'm certainly glad to see it emerge, but I'm hoping better (less limited and controlled) devices will be released by end of year.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not in the least. It is a very limited (in fact crippled) device in most aspects. I'm certainly glad to see it emerge, but I'm hoping better (less limited and controlled) devices will be released by end of year.
I like it when you get technical!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #39
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
I like it when you get technical!
Yeah, I like it when it makes his brow get those little furrows and his cheeks get poofy.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #40
kennyc

Well the real issue is the fanatics. That's what scares me the most and wrinkles my brow.....it's like do I really want to be a part of a society that is a slave to the media, the corporations, the dogs?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #41
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Is that a euphemism for something? Cuz, I am feeling all "Neelie Kroes" tonight!
Neelie Kroes is the monopolists horror from Europe

Quote:
In 2004 Neelie Kroes was appointed the European Commissioner for Competition. Her nomination was heavily criticised because of her ties to big business and alleged involvement in shady arms deals. Kroes has tried to uphold her integrity; whenever she has to deal with issues concerning competition in branches of industry in which she used to be active as a board member, Commissioner McCreevy takes over her responsibilities. As of January 2006 this has happened in five cases.

As chairperson of Nijenrode University, Kroes awarded an honorary doctorate to Microsoft founder Bill Gates in 1996. As a European Commissioner for Competition one of her first tasks in 2004 was to oversee the sanctions against Microsoft by the European Commission, known as the European Union Microsoft competition case. This case resulted in the requirement to release documents to aid commercial interoperability and included a €497 million fine for Microsoft.
(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neelie_...or_Competition)

Quote:
Not even close. I really never buy an apple. First of all, I find Apple's practice of telling me what I must do on my own device despicable, second I've got my freezer full of them, and new ones on the way (if those flowers at least do what they promise...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #42
GeoffC

I've got no apples, nor any Apple items; but that doesn't mean I've any objection to them, just they don't make anything (yet) that really interests me ....

peaches anybody ?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Only got plums, apples, pears, raspberries, strawberries, other berries, more berries and grapes...

Not sure if peaches would grow...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #44
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
and new ones on the way (if those flowers at least do what they promise...)
Quote:
peaches anybody ?
I'll take those, happily. And stop being nosy in other people ... apples?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #45
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Not at all! I really like the aesthetics of the iPad - it's a lovely thing. I'm just trying to think of what I could use one for if I do succumb to temptation. With the European launch impending I need to be able to justify any rash purchase with something more than, "But isn't it lovely". I can't justify it on the basis of anything I currently do - reading books and papers, doing research in the interweb, writing, because I've got a laptop and an ereader that I think do those things better. But at the moment I don't do much indoor sledging or summer curling, so, if I could use the iPad for those things I might be able to justify to myself (and, more importantly, my wife), getting one.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bandwagon, ipad, proprietary