Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Cool Greetings From The Blue Ridge Mtns

Found this site a few days ago while googling around looking for useful info to use in concert with my new Kindle 2.

What a great site! Excellent info, links and helpful folks.

I'm a mid-fifties retired "Fed" who has plenty of time to read when our Weimaraner isn't dragging me outside for a hike. I've been an avid reader as long as I can remember and have always had a library card in my wallet.

I hemmed and hawed and convinced myself for a long time that I didn't need a Kindle and that it was a waste of money better spent elsewhere. Well, I'm pretty much ready to admit that it's a great addition (to the public library).

I don't think I'll ever be a Kindle power user but I've found a handful of great online sources for (mostly classic) books and have downloaded the Mobipocket Reader and Creator to support the habit as needed.

Nice to be amongst you all and hope to learn a lot and occasionally contribute where I can.

Last edited by Bluesman7; 08-03-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome to Mobileread Bluesman7
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Thank you friend. Anybody who knows black cat bones and mojo hands can't be all bad (and a great person to be welcomed by).

Blues and Jazz are two of my other passions.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I just see great conversations emerging from your encounter...
Welcome aboard, Bluesman!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Bluesman7 and welcome to MobileRead. Good to have another senior citizen on board.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Bluesman!

Welcome to the forums! I think you'll find some like-minded souls here. I've been playing blues and jazz (and folk and bluegrass, and ... and...) for the past 50 years. Been thinking of changing my name to McKinley Morgenfeld...

Good places for the blues:
a. the highway
b. the jailhouse
c. the empty bed

Bad places:
a. gallery openings
b. weekend in the Hamptons
c. an ashram

(Note: Persons with names like Sierra or Rainbow will not be permitted to sing the blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
I'm a mid-fifties retired "Fed" who has plenty of time to read when our Weimaraner isn't dragging me outside for a hike.
Welcome!

What you need to do is fix a lightweight sledge the Weimaraner can pull (or get another to help) so you can read and exercise the dog! (Friends of my parents used to have a couple of Weimaraners - lovely dogs. Although the oldest was convinced she was a lap dog...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Bluesman7. You & I have a lot in common, hiking, retired fed, enjoy the Blueridge & reading. I vacation near where Tenn., N.C. & GA meet, and have a Kindle 1 (among other readers - soon to be the proud owner of an EZ Reader Pocket Pro).

This is a good place for classics and learning the "how-to's" of ebook conversions. Ask if you have questions. There are many friendly and helpful people here.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Cool

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the welcome...

Hey stitchawl, you're not the same "stitchawl" from bladeforums.com (where I'm "Blues") are you? Those are some muddy waters you're dredging up.

Yep, my 75 lb. Weim is convinced he's a lap dog. He follows me around everywhere. When I'm lifting weights downstairs, he sits in his crate and reads to me. He ain't much for pullin' though, spoiled as he is.

slayda, Know it well and not too far from that area. I'm in Dracula's county. (Only one in the U.S. from what I've been told.)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Bluesman7, welcome to MR!

I have a Kindle too and don't know how I ever got along without it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Bluesman7 and welcome to MobileRead. Good to have another senior citizen on board.
mid-fifties--senior citizen? ouch!!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Hi Bluesman7, welcome to MR!

I have a Kindle too and don't know how I ever got along without it!

mid-fifties--senior citizen? ouch!!
I tried to pretend I hadn't seen that.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome to MobileRead Bluesman7.

It's a great international community of eBook readers here.

Enjoy the forum.

WetDogEared
Vancouver, British Columbia
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the welcome...

Hey stitchawl, you're not the same "stitchawl" from bladeforums.com (where I'm "Blues") are you? Those are some muddy waters you're dredging up.
Busted again!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #14
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
I tried to pretend I hadn't seen that.

I saw it. My eyesight's not bad for a senior citizen.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno

Thumbs up

I think I'm gonna like this place.

(And good to see you here "Stitch". We can talk books and Edgepros. )