Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #31
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I carry my ereader(s) naked except when they are brand new. Then I usually put them in a sleeve for a week or so. I know they can break, but the convenience outweighs the risk. They are pretty cheap compared to a Windows or IOS phone or even an IPod but no-one carries those around in their pockets I guess.

But things do break. I managed to break the Gorilla glass on my tablet just last week. Fell over on the table from it's little stand. No drop, just a gentle slide. Still works fine, but it irritates me so I guess I will buy the replacement glass and repair it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #32
Major General
Zealot
Major General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmos

Device: Newest KF 10, iPad, iPad Mini
There actually was a positive resolution. Tweeted their @kobohelp about the situation...had an email 15 minutes later saying they'd replace it. Judging by what people have said about their experiences with Kobo CS, guess I was lucky...in any case, I'll certainly take it.
Major General is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Nice

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm still curious as to whether you had open the unit as a part of replacing the internal SD card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major General View Post
How do I replace the internal SD card?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Was that a reply to my post, Jack, or did our posts just coincide?
Not sure, but it seems they did coincide coincidently.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major General View Post
There actually was a positive resolution. Tweeted their @kobohelp about the situation...had an email 15 minutes later saying they'd replace it. Judging by what people have said about their experiences with Kobo CS, guess I was lucky...in any case, I'll certainly take it.
Tweets tend to be really public..... either way the result was a positive result

good for you !

good for kobo

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #37
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Sounds like Kobo is due some brownie points. Frankly, that's a major 180 for them considering previous examples where they would not replace damaged screens under warranty. Maybe someone at Kobo is listening. I'm not saying they have any obligation where damaged screens are concerned, but I hope this behavior is indicative of improved customer relations. Good on them.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
Major General
Zealot
Major General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmos

Kobo Customer Service--**** you! (Part TWO)

If you saw my previous thread, then you know I had an issue with a malfunctioning screen on my Aura HD.

After several email/Twitter exchanges with Customer Service, they agreed to replace it. Nine days later, the package from Kobo finally arrives. I take the package in the house...and the IDIOTS sent me a Kobo Glo instead of the Aura HD!

It's a screwup alright--the invoice on the package says Kobo Glo. The packing slip inside the package says Kobo Glo.

I call up customer service, give them the incident report number, and tell them what's happened--and get told the following:

(1) Yep, that's a mistake, we're looking at the incident report as we speak to you and you should have gotten an Aura HD.

(2) We have to send this matter to another team, and they're not in until Monday morning. Oh, you want this done as quickly as possible? Well, we will email them, and they'll get back to you as soon as possible...there are other people with issues, you know...

At this point I'm so mad my head feels like it's going to explode. I told them I don't want an email--I told them I want a phone contact, gave them my phone number I also told them I want the correct unit sent by overnight mail--there's no reason I should have to wait one second longer than necessary, having already been without a reader for two weeks. Then I said thank you, and good day, and hung up the phone. THEN I cursed a blue streak...lol.

Seriously though, this is freaking ridiculous. Hell will freeze over before I buy anything else from Kobo.

Last edited by Major General; 10-26-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #39
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm still wondering if you will answer a question I asked over in the original thread...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #40
Major General
Zealot

About the internal memory on the Aura HD, I think it was?

No, I never did that. Way too complicated for my tastes. I'm not mechanical at all.

Last edited by Major General; 10-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #41
Major General
Zealot

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the Glo--maybe give it to my wife--if they'll credit my kobobooks.com account for the price difference ($40) plus the case I'd bought for the Aura HD, which is too big for the Glo ($40). I'm debating asking them if they'll do that when I speak to the returns team on Monday.

A business with normal CS would do this, I think, just not to piss off a customer any MORE...but as we all know, Kobo's CS is the furthest thing from normal. What do you guys think--it seems like a reasonable settlement to me.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #42
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Major General, so somebody made a mistake and Kobo are trying to fix it ASAP? After they agreed to replace a reader with a broken screen that you may very well have dropped? And you can't stop complaining? Get a grip. Srsly.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
Major General
Zealot

I said in the initial thread the reader was NEVER dropped. I have an Aura HD that showed that one day when I started it up. The reader was NEVER dropped or abused. I have to resort to embarassing them on Twitter to get them to honor their warranty. They finally do it, take ten days to get me a replacement, and then ship the WRONG unit? And you expect me to be "oh, well, they're doing their best?" I think NOT.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #44
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
You had a damage that is usually caused by dropping the reader or doing similar things that are not covered by warranty. Kobo agreed to replace your reader anyway. Then someone made a mistake - as we all do from time to time. While this last event is unfortunate, I don't think the whole affair even remotely warrants the kind of tantrum you are throwing here.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #45
Major General
Zealot

Sorry, I don't think what I've expressed here is a temper tantrum. My reader was NOT dropped or abused, and therefore I was entitled to replacement under warranty. Kobo had to be embarrassed into doing it (thru Twitter) before they agreed to do anything. They then said it would be replaced "immediately". Immediately became five days before they shipped it and ten days before I receive...the WRONG unit! I don't think being pissed off about this, and wanting Kobo to do something to make it right--besides telling me to send a SECOND unit back at my own expense, and wait another 10 days or so to replace it--is throwing a tantrum. It's expecting GOOD customer service.