Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #1531
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
Frankly, unless it is an easy fix, this is not really an emergency!!! It is just a small thing that I noticed...
Old 06-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #1532
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reading time information

Currently when you stop reading book Marvin shows message box about how much you read it at this time

Is it possible to somehow use this information?
either integrated statistic by authors/books,etc
or at least configurable ability to just call specified url, if user enters https://myserver.com/stat.php?timeRead={time}&bookTitle={title}&bookAut hor={bookAuthor} in Marvin's settings, if page at this url returns something else than HTTP Code 200/text 'OK' - Marvin retries several times)
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #1533
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Gurvan: Thanks for offering to help. When I start localising Marvin, I'll let everyone know.

@MeSue: More or less. I'm building a list of actions to perform when the end of book is reached (e.g. Mark as read, tweet progress, etc...).
please, not only tweet (using built-in frameworks I assume) but App.net too
or, at least make it configurable using URL Schemes for that - Netbot and Tweetbot support URL Schemes.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1534
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Gurvan: 5 minutes. It's done for 1.7. By the way, here's list of changes: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/52305403042

@vikarti: I'll be working on collecting and showing reading statistics after the iPhone version. Marvin already supports Netbot URL schemes if you know them. There just isn't a preset but you can create your own.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #1535
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I honestly can't remember if this has been asked yet, but is there a maximum number of books you can have loaded into Marvin?
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #1536
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
@vikarti: I'll be working on collecting and showing reading statistics after the iPhone version. Marvin already supports Netbot URL schemes if you know them. There just isn't a preset but you can create your own.
I meant scheme support not for quotes (which is here) for for ability to post 'I read X by Y for Z minutes' via netbot or any other app. Is this TOO supported?!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #1537
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Shykat: It depends on how much you're prepared to tolerate the wait spinner in library view. My preference is about 250 (iPad 1), 500 (2, 3, mini), 850 (4). I know people who have much more than that. If you distribute your books well in collections and view them instead of 'All my books', the library view will be much faster.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #1538
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
Quote:
@bubbas45: I can't seem to reproduce the problem but I'll be on the lookout.
I haven't seen it again, so it was probably me or my iPad rather than your app.

Quote:
Weren't you able to force-kill Marvin rather than rebooting the whole device?
If I'd thought of that, no doubt it would have worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
@bubbas45 there are many reasons why the ipad can sometimes stop reacting. Sometimes it is because another proces is not finished yet or that it creates a blockage. I tried to get the same response as you did by switching from and to marvin while in the tips and tricks page. No luck there.

Do you remember to which app you switched?
Thanks for trying. It must have been a flakey situation I got myself into that was coincidental to Marvin. I don't remember what app I switched to.

bws
Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #1539
reytan
reytan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 1
Hi; just found this app and am very, very pleased with how it looks and works. Thanks for the work that's been put into it!
I haven't read all the replies in this forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked (and answered!):
Would it be at all possible to implement a dual screen mode in Marvin?
The thing is: I've got a lot of epubs with links that open up in a different page in the same epub for study referencing. But the switching gets old after a while (even though Marvin does a great job highlighting the link on the page). I would much rather have a small dual screen (a la ezpdf) where you can open the same epub, at the page where the link would open.
Even better would be if tapping the link on the primary page would open the link in a second screen, so that both are visible at the same time, and not overlap each other..
I have no idea if this is possible, just that it would be really desirable!

But still, as is, this is a great app!

Thanks, Dave
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #1540
kguil
Addict

@reytan: I think it's a great idea. Right now I'm focusing on the iPhone version. I'll start working on these ideas soon after.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #1541
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
@reytan: I think it's a great idea. Right now I'm focusing on the iPhone version. I'll start working on these ideas soon after.
got your iOS7? I did...
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #1542
kguil
Addict

Yes. Marvin + iOS 7 = no problems yet.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #1543
Lodewijk
Lodewijk began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Export ebook from Calibre to Marvin

Hello,
I found Marvin a few days ago and I think it is a great ebookreader.
I found out that I can use the Calibre content server and that I can send books by email.
But until now, using iBooks, I used the "Reading List" plugin to manage my books in iBooks. And that is a great feature of Calibre.
(I am using the Apple iDevice interface Plugin to connect my iPad with Calibre so that I bypass the iTunes database)
Now my question:
Is it possible:
a; to export ebooks from Calibre to the Marvin reader on the iPad using the "Apple iDevice interface Plugin"?
b; to manage the books in Marvin using the "Reading List" Plugin?

I hope that any one of You have Some experience with those plugins.

Thank You,
Lodewijk
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #1544
kguil
Addict

@Lodewijk:

Sorry for the late reply.

1) I don't use calibre's reading list plugin myself but I've been told that it works.

2) Soon. In Marvin's roadmap (blog.marvinapp.com) the "one more thing" feature is support for a new native calibre driver for Marvin developed by GRiker. You can do things like collection management, on the fly eBook format conversions, bulk transfers to and from Marvin, etc... It's absolutely fantastic.

I'll post tutorials on the driver once the new version of Marvin is available.

There's also a page here on MR dedicated to it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215624

I urge everyone to leave a small (or big) thank you donation to GRiker for all the work he puts into making calibre better for everyone.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #1545
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
@Lodewijk:

Sorry for the late reply.

1) I don't use calibre's reading list plugin myself but I've been told that it works.

2) Soon. In Marvin's roadmap (blog.marvinapp.com) the "one more thing" feature is support for a new native calibre driver for Marvin developed by GRiker. You can do things like collection management, on the fly eBook format conversions, bulk transfers to and from Marvin, etc... It's absolutely fantastic.

I'll post tutorials on the driver once the new version of Marvin is available.

There's also a page here on MR dedicated to it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215624

I urge everyone to leave a small (or big) thank you donation to GRiker for all the work he puts into making calibre better for everyone.
Based on the link you provided, the plug-in is not yet available, is that correct?
Closed Thread