Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
snowdogs
snowdogs began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Question from canadian

I just got the 505.Now i am in canada so i know i can't buy book from the sony store.I have the library software download.MY question is how do i get books on to the 505.
snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdogs View Post
I just got the 505.Now i am in canada so i know i can't buy book from the sony store.I have the library software download.MY question is how do i get books on to the 505.
Getting books on the Sony PRS-505 is pretty easy. First of all: your device acts like a normal hard-drive (what we call UMS). It means that you can simply drag & drop files on the device using the explorer.

OR you can use the library software. In this case, use the software to browse your hard-drive for e-books, and drag & drop them on the reader (left panel).

You can find plenty of books formatted for your device on Feedbooks or on this forum.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
jonnyc
jonnyc began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
I'm in the same situation,
What I've done is

1. download LIBprs500 which manages content on the reader and some conversion of content.

2. download convertlit (google it, its the first result)

With those 2 apps and a large amount of help from a forum member I was able to start downloading "microsoft reader" formatted books from the ebook stores and convert them into lrf files for the sony reader.

As far as buying books through the connect store i have'nt been able to do it because you need an american based credit card. Unfortunately we miss out on the 50 dollar gift certificate.

If you have any questions you can PM me and I will do my best to help you.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
jonnyc,

You can buy books at the Connect store, you just can't register a credit card whch has a billing address that is not from the US. You need to get Connect gift cards - buy them or have someone buy them for you in Sony or Borders stores in the US, then register them to your account at the Connect store.

I am in Canada, and have done this without any problems.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote