Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #16
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I thought I had read that in the manual but haven't taken the time to refind that reference.

What I have found is that if I press and hold the page forward/back rocker switch it will jump to the end or the beginning of the whole list.

UPDATE -- I just tried it and with either of the paging buttons (the rocker or the individual buttons) holding it to a count of 3 or 4 merely moves one page forward or back while holding it to a count of 5 makes it move to the end of the listing, no 10 pages at a time. What's the technique?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #17
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey
It makes finding what I want much more easy. I wish there were a way to edit purchased books so that the book title would reflect the author in the same way, since .lrx and .lrf files aren't listed by file name at all.
I don't know of an automatic renamer, but you can use my shell extension to display author and title of LRF an LRX files in Explorer. Then you can rename those files as you will. That will not void your license, but you might have to re-add them to the Connect Software.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey
I thought I had read that in the manual but haven't taken the time to refind that reference.

What I have found is that if I press and hold the page forward/back rocker switch it will jump to the end or the beginning of the whole list.

UPDATE -- I just tried it and with either of the paging buttons (the rocker or the individual buttons) holding it to a count of 3 or 4 merely moves one page forward or back while holding it to a count of 5 makes it move to the end of the listing, no 10 pages at a time. What's the technique?
Apologies - you're right. When you're reading a book it takes you forward or backwards by 10 pages, but in a "list" it takes you to the start or end of the list. Sorry for the incorrect information!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote