Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #1216
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hungarian localization

This zip contains files to JBPatch 3.2.1 Hungarian / Magyar localization, Paperwhite ONLY!

Hungarian_localization_for_JBPatch3.2.1_PW_ONLY.zip

Usage:
1. Connect KPW to computer USB drive mode (normal mode)
2. Extract zip, than copy files to /opt/jbpatch
3. Restart the device

Thanks for the help ixtab!
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #1217
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Ooops. No, it's not critical at all, it's just a lapsus (I forgot to treat en_US as a special case).
You might want to treat en_* as a special case, as I get a similar warning here in en_GB, and I suspect en_AU and en_CA would see something similar.

(In general, locale foo is supposed to be used instead of foo_BLAH if foo_BLAH is active but no specific localization data is available for that locale.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #1218
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
You might want to treat en_* as a special case, as I get a similar warning here in en_GB, and I suspect en_AU and en_CA would see something similar.

(In general, locale foo is supposed to be used instead of foo_BLAH if foo_BLAH is active but no specific localization data is available for that locale.)
en_GB is explicitly supported (at least, it should be according to the code). But you're right, I might just tell JBPatch to accept anything "en_*", because it will resolve to the default localization anyway.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #1219
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Didn't run through all these posts but I come across this problem all the time and thus give up trying to use it.
Does everyone's font sizes modification work properly?
After I changed those default font sizes, some of the them will not be applied when reading a book. For example, choosing 15 will give me the same font size as 16. And some other font sizes also won't work. Is it just me or is there anybody else? How can I solve this problem?
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #1220
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
Didn't run through all these posts but I come across this problem all the time and thus give up trying to use it.
Does everyone's font sizes modification work properly?
After I changed those default font sizes, some of the them will not be applied when reading a book. For example, choosing 15 will give me the same font size as 16. And some other font sizes also won't work. Is it just me or is there anybody else? How can I solve this problem?
I think you'll find that the problem you describe is only evident with azw3 books.

I don't understand all the technicals, but azw3 uses a different "system" (ie, not Java) for displaying the books that you are reading, and hence you are limited to the default font sizes, no matter what sizes you have specified in JBPatch. If the default sizes are (making up numbers here) 7, 9, 13, 16, 25 and 31, and you specify 9, 11, 15, 21 and 31 in JBPatch, the only ones you'll be able to use will be 9 and 31. Trying to select any of the other sizes won't do anything.

If you were to re-encode the books you're having issues with as mobi files, you will find that all of the font sizes you have specified in JBPatch will work.

The other alternative is to use something like calibre and embed the font sizes in the book this way. I have not done this, so I don't know if it works or not. I simply convert all my azw3 files to mobi (using calibre) and I have full control over the font sizing on the Kindle.
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #1221
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrixxxxxxxx View Post
I think you'll find that the problem you describe is only evident with azw3 books.

I don't understand all the technicals, but azw3 uses a different "system" (ie, not Java) for displaying the books that you are reading, and hence you are limited to the default font sizes, no matter what sizes you have specified in JBPatch. If the default sizes are (making up numbers here) 7, 9, 13, 16, 25 and 31, and you specify 9, 11, 15, 21 and 31 in JBPatch, the only ones you'll be able to use will be 9 and 31. Trying to select any of the other sizes won't do anything.

If you were to re-encode the books you're having issues with as mobi files, you will find that all of the font sizes you have specified in JBPatch will work.

The other alternative is to use something like calibre and embed the font sizes in the book this way. I have not done this, so I don't know if it works or not. I simply convert all my azw3 files to mobi (using calibre) and I have full control over the font sizing on the Kindle.
I encountered the same problem as mentioned by Johnleo. it happened to azw and mobi books. I remembered reading in this forum that this is a known problem, and it is caused by the fonts used.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #1222
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I have experienced mixed results with that particular modification as documented here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1046

Works flawlessly in certain cases, I can't speak to the latest release as I haven't tested it recently. sufficed to say that is a tricky kettle of fish.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #1223
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I have experienced mixed results with that particular modification as documented here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1046

Works flawlessly in certain cases, I can't speak to the latest release as I haven't tested it recently. sufficed to say that is a tricky kettle of fish.
If I'm reading the post you referenced correctly, Twobob (and I may not be) it agrees with what I'm saying in my earlier post, i.e., with azw3 files, the only JBPatch font sizes that work are the ones that match the default sizes.....so in your example, the default sizes are 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 16, 25 and 37, and your active sizes in JBPatch are 4, 5, 10, 11, 15, 16, 20, 21....so I contend that the only ones that will work are the ones which are in both lists, ie 11, and 16.

I tested this (admittedly, only on one book, and only with one font, so not particularly extensively) by trying all sizes, in single steps, from 5 to thirty-something, and the only ones that worked on this particular azw3 file, using JBPatch, were the ones that were already in the default list.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1224
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
In my case, they are all mobi books coz I read very few azw3. This customization just do not work out for me since I knew JBPatch or never fully functioned. Probably just bad luck for me.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1225
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur

Maybe, as yiming suggested, it's a font issue. I only use the standard Kindle fonts.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #1226
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Maybe, as yiming suggested, it's a font issue. I only use the standard Kindle fonts.
I also use standard fonts.

info supplied for empirical reference.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #1227
mano42
mano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to behold

Device: k3, k4, k5, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanog View Post
This zip contains files to JBPatch 3.2.1 Hungarian / Magyar localization, Paperwhite ONLY!

Attachment 100664

Usage:
1. Connect KPW to computer USB drive mode (normal mode)
2. Extract zip, than copy files to /opt/jbpatch
3. Restart the device

Thanks for the help ixtab!
Thank you

Köszönöm
mano42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #1228
needle
needle began at the beginning.

Hey guys, possible noob question, but where do I get patches?

I looked inside jbpatch_3.2.1_fw541.zip but there's only the READMEs and install/uninstall bins. The wiki said I could "extract the patch from the distribution's src/install/patches.zip file, and install it manually". Are there any pre-compiled patches I can install? Or do I basically compile my own?

Thanks
needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #1229
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
Hey guys, possible noob question, but where do I get patches?

I looked inside jbpatch_3.2.1_fw541.zip but there's only the READMEs and install/uninstall bins. The wiki said I could "extract the patch from the distribution's src/install/patches.zip file, and install it manually". Are there any pre-compiled patches I can install? Or do I basically compile my own?

Thanks
That part of the Wiki that you quoted is, I believe, for installing a patch which is not included in the standard build.

All the standard patches (font size, hyphenation, password protection, alternate dictionaries etc) are in the file you downloaded. Just open the README and follow the instructions.

Last edited by Hendrixxxxxxxx; 02-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #1230
needle
needle began at the beginning.

Quote:
That part of the Wiki that you quoted is, I believe, for installing a patch which is not included in the standard build.

All the standard patches (font size, hyphenation, password protection, alternate dictionaries etc) are in the file you downloaded. Just open the README and follow the instructions.
Cool. I should have clarified that I've installed everything already, and I was just wondering where to find more patches.

What you're saying is that if I want non-standard patches I should toss ixtab's jbpatcher bitbucket repo into Eclipse and compile them myself?
needle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks