Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't see the need to delete a book in memory from the 500/505 not hooked up to a computer. In fact, it just adds bloat. I'll tell you why.

You have your 505 with you, you finish a book, if you were able to delete it, you'd go and delete it. Yes, you've just freed up memory. But so what? You cannot use the memory for a different book because to do that you'd need it hooked up to a computer and when you go to change the contents of the 505, you'd need a computer anyway. So why not just wait till you get to that computer to delete your content? See, it add no functionality at all in the real world.

The Kindle has it because you can change content without being connected to a computer. So please don't ask for really useless features.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Your suggestion is great for the PRS505, recycledelectron, but this thread is over a year old and refers to the PRS500 which was then just released.

The PRS500 doesn't function as a USB drive (that's one of the big new features with the 505), so you have to have Sony's software, or libprs500 to manage internal memory on it.

If I recall correctly, the reason Bob was looking for this is that some of us (I'm one) would like to be able to remove books when we finish with them just for obsessive neatness' sake ... too bad that obsessive neatness doesn't extend to how I keep my office ....
Thanks for the clarification.

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #18
AlexK
AlexK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-50
I don't see it as a useless feature at all. I downloaded a couple of collections that came across as ~20 short stories. Right now I have around 80 or so "books" in internal memory on my reader. Sometime I might go weeks in between reading on my reader. I often can't remember which stories I have read. So now, I have to open up the book and check (usually by "continue reading" page number) to see if I have read it or not. If I could delete, then I wouldn't have this problem.
AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #19
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I'm also on the side of "the customer asked for it." I want it because I am a bit obsessive about lists myself. If you ran a poll I'll bet most folks want it.

Sony, are you out there? Is anyone listening?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote