Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
buecherhans
Enthusiast
buecherhans began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Endnotes problem on 505

I am having problems with endnotes on my Sony 505. 90% of the books I created or want to create have foot/endnotes. On an eBook reader I don't care about the difference for the note should be just a click away.
I format the text in OpenOffice with endnotes, export to xhtml by chapter and have Calibre make the ePub. The endnotes (with links back and forth) work in a browser, after creating the ePub the links work perfectly in the Calibre viewer, the Sony library viewer, and ADE, but once the file is on the Sony reader it jumps anywhere, not the right link, not even in the right chapter.
This is frustrating after spending lots of time fixing and changing the Ooo xhtml code.
Is this a Sony 505 problem, a Calibre problem or a problem with my code? Does somebody have a working file and tips as example.

I'm using the PRS 505 with the German software vers. 1.4.00 23260
buecherhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I think this may be a problem with your id attributes starting with a digit, as I reported here. This seems to break hyperlinks on the Sony.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
buecherhans
Enthusiast

Thanks for the comment, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. A typical href for my footnotes look like this:

<p class="P10">Dr. Karl Menninger <span class="T3"><a class="T3" href="#ftn0" id="body_ftn0">1</a></span></p>
Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
buecherhans
Enthusiast

OK, I think I found my error. The Sony 505 does not handle the internal links correctly. While my ebook viewers on the computer handle the links correctly, it appears that the 505 always requires the reference to the file. At least that fixed my problem for now.

Thanks ShellShock your link put me on the right track.