Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Is the ECTACO jetBook-Lite supported.

I have very little idea what Im doing but I like the ECTACO jetBook-Lite and am likely to give it a try.

So I assume since the Jetbook is supported then the lite would be as well?
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I recall, the Jetbook driver in calibre only supports the jetbook not the jetbook lite, but see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I have the Jetbook Lite, I'm using Calibre to convert to Epubs, and they look great on there so far!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
When I have my JBL pluged in Calibre recognizes a "Reader" and "Card A".
So you have some communication to the device, that way. (But I prefer to
just create a structure on the SD card using Windows.)

The conversion is fine and I also like the epub formatting, they just look
fine on the JBL, better than the PDB if you ask me.

The "JetBook 5-inch (1.0.0) by Kovid Goyal" output profile plug-in seems
to be working fine, with the JBL, as far as I can tell.
(I select that for my epub conversions, I guess it is having some effect.)

The "Ectaco JetBook Device Interface (1.0.0) by James Ralston" device
interface plug-in lists the following: epub, mobi, prc, fb2, txt, rtf, pdf and
that is all, which is not an exact match with the JBL. I don't know what
impact that might have on the results, for the JBL, when that plug-in is used.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-17-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote