Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #61
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
That's good to know Poodlemom1, That you have no concerns about using your Oasis out of it's cover at the beach. So I guess, with using sun screen ( hands), wasn't a problem with holding the Oasis. I was wondering about that too. Only because it's so light compared to the others.
I am not on the beach all day. I apply sunscreen before I go and wash my hands so it is not an issue for me.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:06 PM   #62
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
I am not on the beach all day. I apply sunscreen before I go and wash my hands so it is not an issue for me.
That works ! I thought of using a small spray bottle of hand sanitizer, the kind they give out at my airports parking garage, it's small like a pen, and I can clip it to my beach tote. I think that would get most of the sun screen off too.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2016, 03:53 PM   #63
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
That works ! I thought of using a small spray bottle of hand sanitizer, the kind they give out at my airports parking garage, it's small like a pen, and I can clip it to my beach tote. I think that would get most of the sun screen off too.
I think the hand sanitizer would work. I imagine the Oasis would work if you put it in a baggie -- maybe a quart size. I think the baggie would drive me crazy so I haven't tried it. I put a black woodgrain skin on mine from Decal Girl, but it was only on the last day I was on the beach.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 PM   #64
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
I think the hand sanitizer would work. I imagine the Oasis would work if you put it in a baggie -- maybe a quart size. I think the baggie would drive me crazy so I haven't tried it. I put a black woodgrain skin on mine from Decal Girl, but it was only on the last day I was on the beach.
I think the skin is a good idea too, it would help with prints & holding it. Right now I use a case, with my PW, I do need to take it off from time to time just to clean it off a bit.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 AM   #65
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ordered Friday May 27th
Shipped Tuesday May 31st
Delivered Wednesday June 1st

Best Buy shipped my Oasis in a corrugated box. Much better than Amazon which shipped their Oasis in a bubbled envelope and much faster too.

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 06-03-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert