Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #46
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
AfterGlow 2 provides up to 10,000 page turns. Actual battery life may vary and depends on usage and other factors.
It is possible to discharge a device after heavy usage in one day (wi-fi, apps, etc.).
Just received the Afterglow yesterday.
Regarding this...
I played with it for half an hour or so... then charged it completely... 100%

This morning charge was 80%.
Suspension mode, wifi off. No use after charging it...

On T68 (ereaderstore version) I could access system management and switch off all things related to data.
I even deleted Telephony app. Battery seems to last the same as my KPW2...

¿Is there any way to disable these things?

PS: delivery was in time. So no complain.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:10 AM   #47
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
¿Is there any way to disable these things?

PS: delivery was in time. So no complain.
I am not sure, please contact my colleagues @ https://onyx-boox.com/support/
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #48
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
I am not sure, please contact my colleagues @ https://onyx-boox.com/support/

Ok, Thanks. I'll do it.
If was just a general question in case anyone had found the way...

Last edited by PremaEbooks; 11-30-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #49
panoramix
panoramix began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova, Kobo Aura One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
Ok, Thanks. I'll dot it.
If was just a general question in case anyone had found the way...
Please post any useful replies, so support won't have to answer individually to everyone interested.
panoramix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #50
PremaEbooks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by panoramix View Post
Please post any useful replies, so support won't have to answer individually to everyone interested.
As soon as I have the answer ...
That's why I asked here, for everyone to see.
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #51
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
I had AG2 last week.
So, it doesn't save configuration for backlight.
You have to restart wifi manualy when you need it, that's very bad.
Touchscreen not acurate and not responsive.
Charge last 2 days not 8 weeks, that doesn't matter for me for the moment.
Sorry for my poor english.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #52
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
I had AG2 last week.
So, it doesn't save configuration for backlight.
You have to restart wifi manualy when you need it, that's very bad.
Touchscreen not acurate and not responsive.
Charge last 2 days not 8 weeks, that doesn't matter for me for the moment.
Sorry for my poor english.
Sounds very suspicious. Please contact our Customer Support @ https://onyx-boox.com/support/
Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #53
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

I did it, and here is the support response:
Device AG2
Backlight: configuration not saved,i want to disable backlight.
Wifi:i want wifi restart automaticely, not manuelly,when i need wifi i have to go to parameters menu and the restart wifi, that’s very bad!
touchscreen not acurate nor responsive
battery last only 2days, not 8 weeks.

4 hours ago

Hello,
we checked. All settings are memory after restarting device.
Please check in settings-systems-power managment- network inactivity timeout.
Regards,
Karolina

1 hour ago
No change for me, i don't want fast response from your support but accurate response is better for me.
Thanks you.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #54
ArtaTechPoland
Banned

Quote:
I did it, and here is the support response:
Device AG2
Backlight: configuration not saved,i want to disable backlight.
Wifi:i want wifi restart automaticely, not manuelly,when i need wifi i have to go to parameters menu and the restart wifi, that’s very bad!
touchscreen not acurate nor responsive
battery last only 2days, not 8 weeks.

4 hours ago

Hello,
we checked. All settings are memory after restarting device.
Please check in settings-systems-power managment- network inactivity timeout.
Regards,
Karolina

1 hour ago
No change for me, i don't want fast response from your support but accurate response is better for me.
Thanks you.
You are going to receive a reply to your every question.

Last edited by ArtaTechPoland; 11-30-2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #55
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Can somebody create a short video to show how fast browsing and general reaction time is?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #56
lems1995
Zealot

The battery discharge very fast.
I did this experience:
disabled front-lit
enable wifi
no page turn at all, device on stand-by state
charged à 100% at 11h local time
device ask to charge at 22h of the same day,so the device remains charged only 11 h, not 1 day nor 8 weeks.

My opinion is: the components are higth consomption or the type of battery is not what said in specs - Battery: 1700mAh Li-Polymer-

Has any one open the device to see whaat type of battery inside,
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 AM   #57
Nico0
Nico0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Dear ArtaTechPoland,

I'm sorry to open the subject again, but do you know when we will be able to buy Onyx Boox Afterglow 2 with pre-installed French?

The site says it will soon be possible :

https://onyx-boox.com/support/f-a-q/

"The other language voices will also soon be available for purchase separatelly. Ivona TTS on Onyx Boox will be available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Romanian with this top quality."

Otherwise, could I download via Google Play Ivona in French? You said earlier:

"If you feel the need to use different TTS system please feel free to browse the Google Play store and install e.g Google Text-To-Speech app. It supports dozens of voices."

Thank you very much for this information. If I solve this problem I want to buy it.

Nico.
Nico0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #58
ArtaTechPoland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico0 View Post
Dear ArtaTechPoland,

I'm sorry to open the subject again, but do you know when we will be able to buy Onyx Boox Afterglow 2 with pre-installed French?

The site says it will soon be possible :

https://onyx-boox.com/support/f-a-q/

"The other language voices will also soon be available for purchase separatelly. Ivona TTS on Onyx Boox will be available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Romanian with this top quality."

Otherwise, could I download via Google Play Ivona in French? You said earlier:

"If you feel the need to use different TTS system please feel free to browse the Google Play store and install e.g Google Text-To-Speech app. It supports dozens of voices."

Thank you very much for this information. If I solve this problem I want to buy it.

Nico.
Hello,

I cannot confirm and give you any specifics. I am going to speak with Onyx about that.

I noticed that you can install but not set Google's TTS in the Settings like I used to do on Onyx BOOX Lynx. I sent an inquiry to Onyx about that. Still awaiting for a response.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #59
Nico0
Nico0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Well.

Thank you for keeping us informed, especially for the date of preinstallation of French.

The difference with the T68 is not just a difference in screen size?
Nico0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #60
armizio
armizio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
The battery discharge very fast.
I did this experience:
disabled front-lit
enable wifi
no page turn at all, device on stand-by state
charged à 100% at 11h local time
device ask to charge at 22h of the same day,so the device remains charged only 11 h, not 1 day nor 8 weeks.

My opinion is: the components are higth consomption or the type of battery is not what said in specs - Battery: 1700mAh Li-Polymer-

Has any one open the device to see whaat type of battery inside,
Thanks.
Hello!
Have you solved the battery issue? Any further comments about device performance/issues with epub, pdf, tts, google app, mp3 player and so on?
I'm considering to buy the device but I haven't found any comprehensive review about this device yet.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Maurizio
armizio is offline   Reply With Quote