Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Weird new formatting error/bug

Wondering if anybody here has experienced this before? I'm running the new 3.13.1 FW, patched.

I was about to start reading Deadeye Dick by Vonnegut, but noticed an unusually tight line spacing. I tried adjusting it, but nothing happened, except for in the first paragraph in every chapter. There the line spacing was adjusted properly, whereas in every other paragraph in the book it was not.

I sideload all my books as kepub and put them through some Calibre processing, but none of my other books exhibit this behaviour. Has anybody here experienced it?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Line spacing works as usual for me (3.13.1 patched as well).
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Wondering if anybody here has experienced this before? I'm running the new 3.13.1 FW, patched.

I was about to start reading Deadeye Dick by Vonnegut, but noticed an unusually tight line spacing. I tried adjusting it, but nothing happened, except for in the first paragraph in every chapter. There the line spacing was adjusted properly, whereas in every other paragraph in the book it was not.

I sideload all my books as kepub and put them through some Calibre processing, but none of my other books exhibit this behaviour. Has anybody here experienced it?
That's almost definitely the code in the book. It is common for the first paragraph to use a different style from the rest of the chapter. This allows the common noindent format for the first paragraph and indents for the rest. My guess would be that the linespacing is specified in different ways in the two styles used and one can be overridden but the other can't. To be certain, we would need to see the code. The first two paragraphs of a chapter plus the stylesheet. Or, a pointer to the version you have as the preview might show what we need to see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

You are correct. I checked the style sheet in Calibre, and in the the one used in regular paragraphs, there is this: line-height: 1.2;

Can I simply delete that line with no bad consequences for the rest of the formatting in the book?
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
You are correct. I checked the style sheet in Calibre, and in the the one used in regular paragraphs, there is this: line-height: 1.2;

Can I simply delete that line with no bad consequences for the rest of the formatting in the book?
There shouldn't be any issue with removing that line. You might want to check the entire stylesheet for any other line-height entries.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
Joques
Addict

Yep, there were a couple of other ones. I deleted them all, and the book seems to work flawlessly now :-)

Thanks!