Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
I'm sure this would be complicated, but is this possible?

Good evening once again, my friends. Another question regarding two different libraries, not *virtual* libraries, but *separate* ones.

I have a lot of books that have comments and tags and identifiers and such. A lot of them are incorrect, so I have deleted everything but the cover and the formats.

If I were to download the metadata, is there a way that I could copy them to a separate actual *library' that would be independant of the library that I had put them into? Like, could I move them to Library 1, download the metadata, and copy them to Library 2 and still have them removed from Library 1?

Sorry if I'm not explaining my question adequately. Also, how does the whole 'Move Library' work? I think I did it correctly at one point, purely by accident, and have yet to be able to re-discover the process. Is it complicated?
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If I understand you correctly, you want to have a "working" library - for the books that need to be cleaned up - and "final" library - for the one's you've finished updating.

I do the same thing, so yes, it's possible. My "working" library is my "Calibre Library", the one created originally by default. I also created "Calibre Fiction" and "Calibre NF" libraries to move my books to once I'm happy with the metadata and reformatted eBooks.

By the way, it's not complicated...but it's almost 4:30 AM where I am and I'm pretty "brain-dead" at the moment. I know someone else has posted how to do this, so I'm going to try to find it, rather than try to actually *think* and write it up myself.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
If I understand you correctly, you want to have a "working" library - for the books that need to be cleaned up - and "final" library - for the one's you've finished updating.

I do the same thing, so yes, it's possible. My "working" library is my "Calibre Library", the one created originally by default. I also created "Calibre Fiction" and "Calibre NF" libraries to move my books to once I'm happy with the metadata and reformatted eBooks.

By the way, it's not complicated...but it's almost 4:30 AM where I am and I'm pretty "brain-dead" at the moment. I know someone else has posted how to do this, so I'm going to try to find it, rather than try to actually *think* and write it up myself.

Cool! Haha. I'm glad that this is possible, because I really would like to be able to browse the epub covers in Calibre, and see all the metadata in one place. I dunno, I'm weird like that, haha. But hell yeah, I think I'll definitely give that a whirl, see if I can somehow do that.

Haha. I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been awake for a few days, and I'm running on empty, hence my the death of my brain, albeit temporarily. Haha. But I'm sure I can figure this out. Thank you very much!

Would I be correct to right-click the books with metadata and 'Copy to Library', in this case something like 'Books with Metadata'? I'm sure I could think of a better name if I weren't about to pass out at my laptop, haha.

Thanks again, friend.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #4
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Found it...here's a thread about how to create a new library.

And yes - copy to "new library" is how you move the books, once you create the new library. You have the option to copy to the new library and leave in the old, or copy to the new library and delete it from the old. I'm assuming you'll want the second option, which is described in the linked thread.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #5
Dullahir
Zealot

Thanks so much for the tip! Hah, I actually figured it out by myself. But thank you so very much for leading me to the proper direction!
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
FizzyWater

You're welcome! I love Calibre, but there are so many things it can do - it can take awhile to learn all the things it can do!