Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
cms
cms began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 622 vs. Boox i62

I have been doing some research in e-readers lately and have narrowed down my choice to the PB Touch 622 and the Boox i62. Altough ultimately I'm looking for a large-scale display, the current devices on the market (PB912, Boox m92, Ectaco Jetbook etc.) just don't seem to work smooth and intuitive for my taste, yet (judging from review videos). So, the two mentioned ones above are the best compromise for me right now.

For my final decision criterion, I'd actually had to test both readers myself which is pretty hard to do due the limited availability in retail stores. So I hope to get some feedback via this forum.

I love taking notes while reading. Underlining/Highlighting text, small annotations and references. And I want this to work as smooth, quick and flawlessly as possible, without the need to open different menus and make selections. That functionality should always be open while reading. Just like on paper!

Some reviews on the PB622 mention that it would be the first reader to use a capacitive screen (which other reviews denied) while the i62 is said to have a infrared touch screen. What's the difference and how does it affect note-taking? Thanks.

Last edited by cms; 07-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.
cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
cms
cms began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just learned that capacitive screens may not be used with a stylus, so does that mean I can't use a stylus with the PocketBook?

Last edited by cms; 07-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.
cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms View Post
I just learned that capacitive screens may not be used with a stylus, so does that mean I can't use a stylus with the PocketBook?
You can use a stylus with capacitive touchscreens (almost any modern smartphone or tablet uses those after all) it just has to be a stylus for capacitive screens.
Abtacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
And the styli for capacitive screens stink. They are very thick and inaccurate. They are definitely not what you would want for note taking. Which is why a number of devices with capacitive screens (Galaxy Note, HTC tablet) have added a Wacom layer.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
great stylus for capacitive displays and it is not too thick:

http://handstylus.com/
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
622, boox, i62, pocketbook