Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
duyu
duyu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 SONY
Grey margin reading pdf in landscape mode

I don't why even if I choose fit landscape width in reading pdf, there is still grey margin left on the both side.
I do not mean the white margin of the original document.

When I double click in the zoom mode, it perfectly enlarge that both white and grey margin disappeared, but when I click the button, it zooms out again.

Does anyone know how we can make the margin disappear effectively for pdf reading in prs-t1?

Thanks!
duyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post
Does anyone know how we can make the margin disappear effectively for pdf reading in prs-t1?
You need to crop instead of zoom. But Sony's software isn't very good at cropping. Orion Viewer is a better choice for rooted T1s., as you can manually specify the cropping values for each margin. Still waiting for separate cropping even/odd pages and autocrop in Orion, which would make it the best pdf reader.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
duyu

Thankyou! It seems that it is still a very early version, but still very good.

Some comments:
Dictionary seems not working.
Can't not adjust the color. (The text is too dim)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duyu View Post
Thankyou! It seems that it is still a very early version, but still very good.

Some comments:
Dictionary seems not working.
Can't not adjust the color. (The text is too dim)
Dictionary works fine for me with ColorDict. For the dim text, try adjusting the brightness, or maybe night mode needs to be disabled.

Use version orion_viewer_0.26.2_android_armeabi_5.apk (not orion_viewer_0.25.7_sony.apk)
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
Milanya
Milanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRC-T2
Quote:
I don't why even if I choose fit landscape width in reading pdf, there is still grey margin left on the both side.
I do not mean the white margin of the original document.
Do not rotate a page in Orientation. Go to Customize View - Page Mode- Fit Landscape Width. Then you will not have gray margins.
Milanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
Do not rotate a page in Orientation. Go to Customize View - Page Mode- Fit Landscape Width. Then you will not have gray margins.
Following Fit Landscape Width, I can improve the result slightly by applying crop, either Auto or Manual. This trims a little bit more of the margins. Unfortunately, not as much as it could or should. In landscape, at least, the crop region should allow cropping of white space on all four sides, not just top and bottom, which is what the current implementation limits one to.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
duyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by darseno View Post
Dictionary works fine for me with ColorDict. For the dim text, try adjusting the brightness, or maybe night mode needs to be disabled.

Use version orion_viewer_0.26.2_android_armeabi_5.apk (not orion_viewer_0.25.7_sony.apk)

How can I use the dictionary? when I tap the text, it just moves to other page?

I set the brightness to 1, it seem a bit better, but not much difference. (if 100, it seems got worse)

Where can I disable the night mode?

Thanks~

Btw, if it can read the table of content pdf, then it will be great!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
duyu

Still, I don't know how to activate the dictionary function. I have color dict installed.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
darseno
Connoisseur

You need to set a tapzone to open the dictionary. There's an option for configuring tap zones somewhere in the menus.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #10
darseno
Connoisseur

Another good option for pdfs is the following configuration:
- EBookDroid (uses autocropping which is lacking in Orion)
- Reassign buttons 105/106 to DPAD_UP and DPAD_DOWN (or vice-versa)
- Swipe Switcher app for loading external dictionary
- Fora Dictionary
- Set the "back" button in Fora to "exit" (to return to EbookDroid)

This configuration allows the use of hardware buttons in EbookDroid, and they still work in CoolReader and Orion. You must use Fora instead of ColorDict because ColorDict seems to kill the EbookDroid activity and requires reloading the book when you return to it after looking up a word.