Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Kobo Glitchy Since Factory Reset

I contacted Kobo because my screen was frozen and they told me to stick something in the back to reset it and ever since then I have had issues. Page turns take even longer than normal, go-to, close and delete takes longer than normal and I press the power button to turn it off and nothing happens so I try again and then the Kobo goes to the on screen with the loading squares down the bottom like it was off...

I dunno what to do about the issues!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Take the Kobo back to Borders and explain to a sales rep what you have done. More than likely they will exchange it.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Sticking something in the back is not a factory reset, it's a soft reset. Try a factory reset- go to settings, advanced, and follow the options to reset it back to original out-of-the-box settings. In my experience, it fixes the vast majority of unexplained misbehaviours.

You'll have to reload your books and such, but provided you've got everything backed up and all it shouldn't take too long and will probably be less trouble than driving out to a store and having a difficult conversation about an exchange.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote