Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Fictionwise 55% off coupon - good through Valentine's Day

Via this post over @ the B&N discussion boards:

loveday2011

Good through 14/02/2011 for 55% off at Fictionwise (some publishers like Samhain exclude their books from further discount, so check your shopping cart before clicking through).

Thanks to the OP over @ B&N for sharing!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you so much! I just bought 3 MultiFormat books for $7.50.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Sweet, can get a series I had not noticed in the past.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Any recommendations for SF from fictionwise? or that's not the place?
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Plenty of good SF over at Fictionwise. They've got stuff by writers like Greg Bear, Brian Stableford, George Alec Effinger, short stories by Nancy Kress, Mike Resnick, older stuff by Pamela Sargent and James Tiptree Jr., etc.

I suggest browsing the catalogues of e-Reads, Wildside Press, Small Beer Press, Wonder Audio Books (if you like older Golden Age stuff), ElectricStory, and maybe the Marion Zimmer Bradley Literary Works Trust (if you like her work and that of her protégées, though it's mainly fantasy).

Plus you can get subscriptions for Analog and Asimov's magazines, along with a couple of others.

My very highest recommendation goes to Ted Chiang's Stories of Your Life and Others. My second highest recommendation goes to Terry Bisson's Bears Discover Fire. My third highest recommendation goes to George Alec Effinger's Budayeen Nights, which loses a couple of points for annoying formatting issues.

After that, it gets a bit iffy because it looks like Fictionwise has been removing MultiFormat stuff from their catalogue with no good reason again, plus I'd have to know more about your reading tastes before I could really recommend any other lesser stuff.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
moniqee
moniqee doesn't littermoniqee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks ATDrake for sharing the coupon.

Bought a number of ebooks from my wishlist!
moniqee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I used the coupon for a second time with no problems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Thank you so much ATDrake.
I will try your recommendations. I can't really say what my taste is, just good SF and Fantasy I guess

Thanks again!
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Karma to you! I feel like I'm about to wander off to spend all of my spare change on more books.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks ATDrake - was able to pick up 10 books for about $25. Awesome, I seem to only be buying when these coupons come up.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Signup with fictionwise then use their micropay system. Sometimes they offer deals where the money you spend gets put back into your micropay account. It really brings down the price of books.
dmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Thanks - picked up a couple of books for around $2 each.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
Signup with fictionwise then use their micropay system. Sometimes they offer deals where the money you spend gets put back into your micropay account. It really brings down the price of books.
They discontinued this some time ago, when all the agency stuff began. The only people left with micropay are legacy account with micropay left over from before then.

Additionally, it seems these are the only people getting these coupons. I believe they are trying to get people to get rid of all their micropay so they don't have any obligation to them.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Actually, you can still get micropay on large purchases. got some just the other day (with the 50% coupon).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Actually, you can still get micropay on large purchases. got some just the other day (with the 50% coupon).
Only if you are still a Buywise member. I cancelled my membership and am not given Micropay with large purchases.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote