Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
cloud999
cloud999 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Daily Edition
Download problem

When I try to download the new version of Calibre it just stops.
Doesn't continue downloading. How do I overcome this problem and get the new Calibre?
cloud999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try downloading from sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/

Don't press the big green seductive button. That will give you a release more than a year old.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Try downloading from sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/

Don't press the big green seductive button. That will give you a release more than a year old.
So you see this too. I pointed it out to Kovid more then once and he said he didn't see the same thing. Maybe I wasn't clear.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
So you see this too. I pointed it out to Kovid more then once and he said he didn't see the same thing. Maybe I wasn't clear.
Don't see how anyone could miss it. It is a good 2 inches wide and 3/4 inch high, in green. I have a green deficiency, and even then I can tell you that it is very very green.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The big green button links to 0.7.22 for me, see attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sf.png
Views:	195
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	59557  
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The big green button links to 0.7.22 for me, see attached:
It links to 0.6.17 for me.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Not for me. Also see attached. Running firefox 3.6.10, NoScript permitting all scripts except scorecardresearch.com and demandbase.com. Also fails with IE 8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	59558  
Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Running firefox 3.6.10, NoScript permitting all scripts except scorecardresearch.com and demandbase.com. Also fails with IE 8.
I'm running FF 3.6.13 and I've tested with a clean profile - no Adblock, Noscript or Flashblock - still get 0.6.17 on the big green link.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd...
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Should now be fixed (you may have to hit refresh in your browsers)
Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Should now be fixed (you may have to hit refresh in your browsers)
Works for me now. (I feel like a poster on one of those old AOL threads where person 1 would say 'Boo' and 326 people would say 'Me boo too', usually quoting the last one. )
Old 10-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Works for me now. (I feel like a poster on one of those old AOL threads where person 1 would say 'Boo' and 326 people would say 'Me boo too', usually quoting the last one. )
Hey, it now works for me too
FWIW I use FF 3.6.10 on XP
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hey, it now works for me too
FWIW I use FF 3.6.10 on XP
I'm not going to say what he said above (but I could). I just wish I knew how it got fixed.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'm not going to say what he said above (but I could). I just wish I knew how it got fixed.
I deleted the 0.6.17 release from sourceforge
Old 10-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Brute force method
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote