Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Contacting Support

So, I called and left a phone message as well as an email about a week ago when my PP started freezing up and I have not heard back from them. Today I notcied that the paint was pealing up on the side of the reader and I was asked to send an email with pictures of the paint problem along with my shipping info for a replacement. My question is how long does it normally take to get a response from astak? I have never heard anything negitive about thier support, so I am wondering if I am going about getting help the wrong way. Anyone know about how long I need to wait for a response for my replacement before checking back with them? I just wrote the email for the replacement around noon, so it's only been a few hours on that email. However, as I always stated I never did get a reply regaurding the freezing screen.

Thanks
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Nimblem, I don't have any help regarding the customer support, but I do have a question... is yours a colored Pocket Pro or the black or white? I've read there's been problems with the paint peeling on the colored ones, but I thought that was fixed... it might help me with my decision of buying the purple or black. Thanks.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

It's a red one... but I like the colors and I will go back to a colored one. I want the pink if possible... but... not sure if that will happen
Old 01-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Ok, well hopefully you'll hear back from them soon! From what I've seen here on the boards, the customer service is pretty good. And I wonder what it is that makes the paint peel on the colored ones... makes me think maybe I should get black instead of purple, just in case... Decisions, decisions!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Customer Service is great... this is odd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
So, I called and left a phone message as well as an email about a week ago when my PP started freezing up and I have not heard back from them. Today I notcied that the paint was pealing up on the side of the reader and I was asked to send an email with pictures of the paint problem along with my shipping info for a replacement. My question is how long does it normally take to get a response from astak? I have never heard anything negitive about thier support, so I am wondering if I am going about getting help the wrong way. Anyone know about how long I need to wait for a response for my replacement before checking back with them? I just wrote the email for the replacement around noon, so it's only been a few hours on that email. However, as I always stated I never did get a reply regaurding the freezing screen.

Thanks

Dear nimblem:

You can call: 1-866-368-8788 and ask for ELLIOTT!! Or email Elliott at: support@astak.com.

Iris, who was our pride and joy on Customer Service left last week and perhapsthis is the delay.

I want to also ride herd on this!! Yes, all the paint problems are long since supposed to be over!! SO... I want you happy and it is depressing to hear you had any problem.

Normally we are very prompt!! Tell Elliott that Robert B Stressed that we need to get this done!!

Did you send the address for the replacement yet?? If not, please do so!!

THIS paint thing has long since gone away. I want to get to the bottom of this and get you happy!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
wilke1969
wilke1969 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak pp
I sent back my red pp I got for Christmas 2 weeks ago. It froze up. They called yesterday and said they were sending out a new one but were out of the red, so asked if I wanted to wait for red to restock... or choice between a white or black. So.... a white one is on the way to me. Ya .
Susan
wilke1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dear Susan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilke1969 View Post
I sent back my red pp I got for Christmas 2 weeks ago. It froze up. They called yesterday and said they were sending out a new one but were out of the red, so asked if I wanted to wait for red to restock... or choice between a white or black. So.... a white one is on the way to me. Ya .
Susan

Dear Susan:

Good!! At least we got you moving forward. I am sorry that you have the agravation of returns... but I am happy that the white was acceptable!! We are going to make you very happy yet!!

I appreciate your post and am sure you will love the white!!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict

I may end up having to call them back again.... :s, as I still haven't gotten an email back. Guess I will try my luck with Elliott, and see when I can expect a replacement.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
nimblem
Addict

I contacted Elliott today and he stated that my reader would be replaced... Is there anyway to have a new one shipped out before returning the old one? I just hate to have to stop reading my book in the middle of it and wait for an exchange to take place...
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Robertb

I hate saying no

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I contacted Elliott today and he stated that my reader would be replaced... Is there anyway to have a new one shipped out before returning the old one? I just hate to have to stop reading my book in the middle of it and wait for an exchange to take place...
Dear Nimblem:

We tried that once. Never saw either one back. Please understand that we want you to get the replacement promptly but we need the bad one back so we can do a proper RMA and get credit from the factory.

I hate standing on rules... but there are rules set by management that are very rational and normal. You, my friend, may be VERY honest but not all are like you! Please understand. I am trying my best!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
nimblem
Addict

It's cook hun, I understand.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #12
CrimsonCherries
CrimsonCherries began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I have a maroon one, too. The paint was peeling on my original Pocket Pro and I got it replaced in September. But from reading the forums, the timing of my replacement must've made it from the first batch, which would explain why my replacement Pocket Pro started peeling very badly starting last month. I just sent mine off for another replacement last week and the tracking # showed it arrived yesterday. It took a few days to get responses as everyone was at CES. I ended up with two RMA #s! LOL

Anyway, I love my Pocket Pro and miss having it handy in my purse. I hope they send my replacement quick as I'm having withdrawal symptoms.
CrimsonCherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
Robertb

Sorry you had any problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCherries View Post
I have a maroon one, too. The paint was peeling on my original Pocket Pro and I got it replaced in September. But from reading the forums, the timing of my replacement must've made it from the first batch, which would explain why my replacement Pocket Pro started peeling very badly starting last month. I just sent mine off for another replacement last week and the tracking # showed it arrived yesterday. It took a few days to get responses as everyone was at CES. I ended up with two RMA #s! LOL

Anyway, I love my Pocket Pro and miss having it handy in my purse. I hope they send my replacement quick as I'm having withdrawal symptoms.
Dear CrimsonCherries:

Thank you. I am very pleased you are still loving your Pocket PRO. We are prompt on replacements. Any problems: call Elliott at: 1-866-368-8788. Or... send me a PM!! I very much want you happy!! Do NOT understand how you got two that wrinkled!! I will look into that!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
CrimsonCherries
CrimsonCherries began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear CrimsonCherries:

Thank you. I am very pleased you are still loving your Pocket PRO. We are prompt on replacements. Any problems: call Elliott at: 1-866-368-8788. Or... send me a PM!! I very much want you happy!! Do NOT understand how you got two that wrinkled!! I will look into that!!
Thanks, Robert! It was difficult to part with since I take it everywhere with me, but the peeling and wrinkling started accelerating the past few weeks. The wrinkling in the back was kinda weird - the skin was expanding and wrinkling, but not actually peeling, like it was trying to shed its skin or something. LOL I was tempted to see what would happen, but I couldn't handle the peeling/flaking paint on the front anymore. I really do prefer the textured coating so I returned it for a replacement.

By the way, I love the color of the maroon, which is a darker, more muted red. It was odd, but the original Pocket Pro I got was a lighter red. I'm hoping that this next replacement is the same darker red as the one I just returned.

1/21/10 Edit: Darn - Astak is out of the maroon. Estimated time for next maroon shipment is in one month. I can't wait that long as I'm anxious to start using my Pocket Pro again. I told Ruby I could wait up to a week and she said she'll check with the factory to see if they can ship it sooner. If they can't, I've requested a blue one.

Last edited by CrimsonCherries; 01-21-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Update
CrimsonCherries is offline   Reply With Quote