Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
sarah331
sarah331 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
adding notes to text books/pdf files using a pen.

Hi, I need to study text books and pdf files & write notes near related text & sometimes draw small charts. I need my comments/notes/charts to be saved near related text. I am not comfortable with typing on e-readers & tablets. I want to use a pen for writing & drawing. Is this possible on any of the available e-readers or tablet applications? Thank you.
sarah331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
HowGozit
Connoisseur
HowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo, Asus Tab 8, iPod Touch, Galaxy Tab, Surface Pr2
An option

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah331 View Post
Hi, I need to study text books and pdf files & write notes near related text & sometimes draw small charts. I need my comments/notes/charts to be saved near related text. I am not comfortable with typing on e-readers & tablets. I want to use a pen for writing & drawing. Is this possible on any of the available e-readers or tablet applications? Thank you.
Use a 10" Android tablet with digitizer and pen, and the ezPDF application (which will cost you about $4.50 .. from memory). This will allow you to make annotations with a pen. There are only 2 10" Android tablets which have a digitizer and pen as an option - the Lenovo Thinkpad (which I use) and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. (If you can live with a 5.5" screen, the Samsung Galaxy Note II will work as well).

I've tried this app - and it works fine - the software makes a copy of the document and puts the writing on that.

All this assumes that your texts are in PDF form...

Ross
HowGozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah331 View Post
You can do it on a Pocketbook and on an Onyx - having said that, having seen Ipads in action, if you need to draw frequently, reliably and precisely, at this stage I'd say you want a tablet.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote