Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
ubuntourist
Private Citizen 1st Class
ubuntourist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Where does one find the EPUB version of the Sigil User Guide?

The Sigil User Guide states in the About Sigil section:

Quote:
This User Guide was written with Sigil. You can download the EPUB version of this guide from the Sigil website and view it in Sigil to see an example EPUB ebook.
But no mention is made of where to find it. Is it somewhere obvious that I just keep overlooking?

Thanks.
ubuntourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
It isn't available yet. An initial version was made available on an old thread but so much has changed since then that its no longer valid. The new version is being worked on and will be available for download as EPUB when done. The HTML version is still just a draft.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
ubuntourist
Private Citizen 1st Class
ubuntourist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Ah. Thanks!

Should the "About Sigil" page be temporarily altered to say "coming soon" -- or "coming eventually" as the case may be? ;-)

Or is it rare that you get a confused newbie?
ubuntourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
hava
hava began at the beginning.

Device: using the iPhone
confused newbie 2

I was confused also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuntourist View Post
Ah. Thanks!

Should the "About Sigil" page be temporarily altered to say "coming soon" -- or "coming eventually" as the case may be? ;-)

Or is it rare that you get a confused newbie?
hava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was put onto the Downloads page of the website a few days ago.

Once its updated for the next version I'll make the link a little more noticeable in the guide itself.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
It was put onto the Downloads page of the website a few days ago.
Well done!

I put the epub version on a tablet and was able to have the guide handy as I tried out the new features in real time.

Regards - john

P.S. I removed the background-color css statement from div.tip. I have my tablet set to either green or white on black and it made it hard to read the tips.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
meme
Sigil developer

Thanks. The next version should be a bit easier since there will be less updates (unless we keep adding features ). Hope to have the Tutorials done as that's the only thing missing from the guide at this point.

That background colour doesn't shown on my device though it does on the HTML website, so I'll probably remove it. It was mainly an experiment and for the most part the tips seem to look better now.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just gave the Beta users guide a brief look.

It appears a great new feature got overlooked

With a Stylesheet in view, Right click. You are now given options to Reformat your CSS 2 ways:
1 Multiple Lines (shown)
2 On Single Line
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil_CSS_reformat.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	95859  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote