Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #16
kobogirl
kobogirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Just accessed my WiFi using my "Security Key;" not my "Password." I had tried the security key earlier but typed a "1" instead of an "I." Just tried again with the "I" and I'm in. I am downloading the Kobo Update as I type this.

A big thank you to everyone who replied. Fingers crossed I don't run into any problems.

Happy reading
kobogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Vox
Yes your ip range is fine. However you could change that if you wish....that range allows for 100 ip addresses. How many devices at MOST do you have connected to your wireless network. For example, you could change your ip range to 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.5 to restrict the number of devices that can connect to 5. The reason for doing this is that it gives you a little bit more security. If you have 5 devices connected, then there are no more ip addresses available for an outsider to use. That being said, MAC filtering (in my opinion) is a better option. I use a combination of both. As Psyke said above, that 13 character password is indeed super important to some devices! May as well use a 13 character one to eliminate the password as a suspect.
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #18
Cheri40
Cheri40 began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Unhappy also having problemswith wifi

I am trying to setup my daughters kobo vox for the first time. I press the getting started tab, and it takes me to the wifi screen. The vox will not regognize my home wifi. It says the book is not in range, even though I am sitting at my computer right beside my router.
Cheri40
Cheri40 is offline   Reply With Quote