Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Question Kindle for iPad App Crashing(?)

Just this evening, I'm having a problem with my Kindle for iPad app where any attempt to turn the page by swiping or tapping causes the app to close. None of my other e-reader apps is experiencing this problem, and there don't appear to be any incorrect settings. I've got an e-mail request in to Amazon Customer Service, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else may have encountered this situation. Thank you.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
This sometimes happens with my NYT app on my ipod touch. Try turning off your ipad and turning on again. This usually works for me. You could also try deleting and reinstalling app.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
This sometimes happens with my NYT app on my ipod touch. Try turning off your ipad and turning on again. This usually works for me. You could also try deleting and reinstalling app.
Curly,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried turning off and on, but I'll give it another try for a longer "off" duration. Do you know if reinstalling the app causes the non-archived content (e.g., samples, personal docs, etc.) to be lost? I was going to delete and download again, but, if possible, didn't want to have to recreate the extensive sample library I've built up. Thanks again, and take care.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Well, I had a quick check on Kindle help pages and it apears that items not archived on Kindle account would be deleted. So unless there is a way to back up through itunes, you probably don't want to delete the app. Hopefully someone else will be able to help!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Well, I had a quick check on Kindle help pages and it apears that items not archived on Kindle account would be deleted. So unless there is a way to back up through itunes, you probably don't want to delete the app. Hopefully someone else will be able to help!
It looks like letting it stay off overnight may have done the trick!; with luck, it won't be a recurring thing. Appreciate your helping me troubleshoot. Take care.
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
wallym
wallym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad2, iPhone5
Smile Kindle for iPad App Crashing(?)

This response is coming years later but this thread fixed my problem for me and so I thought I would add a comment for the next person looking for the answer. I deleted the Kindle app from my iPad2 and it off for about 5 minutes. After starting back up, reinstalling the app, and redownloading the book, I was able to access all of the book with no crashing.
wallym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad apps, ipad kindle