Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
10 Free Classics from Sony

Got handed a pamphlet the the SonyStryle store today that offers ten free classics. Use the promo code 10SONYCLASSICS

Of course, all these books are available free right here on MobileRead anyway.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Did it. Got it. Done dood it.

Thank'e, thank'e, thank'e, as Gomer Pyle would say.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sorry Don. Thanks isn't good enough. You owe me a drink.

Mind you, I don't suppose I'll be in Lima any time soon. Shoot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be happy to.

I wonder if I can mail the drink to you?

Don
Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
If you buy a Sony reader from the Sony store it comes with the option to download 'a 100 classic books' for free.
I guess they're like Gutenberg's books.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for the tip. I was happily surprised that the Sony store was nice enough to tell me when I was trying to add a classic to my cart that I already owned - I thought I was going to have to waste the time cross-checking them all.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
If you buy a Sony reader from the Sony store it comes with the option to download 'a 100 classic books' for free.
I guess they're like Gutenberg's books.

You're right. They are formatted, but only minimally, compared to the majority of Sony's catalog.

I'm one of the people in the minority here who like Sony's formatting of their books. These classics take the same formatting; unfortunately, there is sometimes a space between paragraphs. However, that's only a minor complaint for me. (They don't do that with the majority of their main titles.)

On MobileRead, you can find the same titles, but lovingly assembled by a number of people here (to include myself). We take pride in our work and most of the titles look incredible. They are also hand-assembled, which cannot be said of machine-generated LRF files (Sony's native format).

I'm thinking specifically now of Harry's work here at MobileRead, on Burroughs, Edgar Wallace, Jules Verne, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, to name a few. His work is of incredibly high quality and they look great.

I hope you enjoy the books from Sony and from MobileRead.

Don
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
On MobileRead, you can find the same titles, but lovingly assembled by a number of people here (to include myself). We take pride in our work and most of the titles look incredible. They are also hand-assembled, which cannot be said of machine-generated LRF files (Sony's native format).

I'm thinking specifically now of Harry's work here at MobileRead, on Burroughs, Edgar Wallace, Jules Verne, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, to name a few. His work is of incredibly high quality and they look great.
Hear, hear!

To all book-creators:
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote