Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
kimicocopop
kimicocopop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, kindle fire, possibly Kobo Arc
Launcher question

I have loaded the go launcher onto my Arc. I like this launcher a lot & would like to keep it as the primary launcher, but I want to be able to get back to the tapestries launcher too. I have not set the home screen to default to the Go luancher as I'm worried I won't be able to get back to the tapestries one again. But it's getting annoying having to pick the launcher every time I hit home.

Is there a way to go back to tapestries once I set the Go launcher as the default? I thought I could choose the "exit go Launcher" option but that doesn't take me back to the other screen.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
kimicocopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Just go to Settings -> Apps -> GO Launcher EX (or however it's labeled) and click the "Clear defaults" button. Then the next time you go to the home screen, you'll be asked which launcher you want to use.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Dangze
Enthusiast
Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Kobo Arc 32Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Just go to Settings -> Apps -> GO Launcher EX (or however it's labeled) and click the "Clear defaults" button. Then the next time you go to the home screen, you'll be asked which launcher you want to use.
+ 1...

By the way, Nova Launcher is better than Go Launcher as it takes less memory and has quicker reaction to any finger move !
Dangze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
kimicocopop

Thanks. I knew it had to be something easy like that that I was just overlooking. Most appreciated. :-)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same procedure applies of course, to any app you've set as the default for something (browser, movie viewer, whatever...).
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Holo Launcher HD has a set default launcher option.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
kimicocopop

I really like the Go launcher HD. I recently tried out another tablet & that one had Go HD & it was nice so I wanted it on this tablet too. I especially like that you can have the Go launcher as the default & still be able to pin things to tapestries from that launcher. I read somewhere that you couldn't pin from other launchers so I'm really pleasantly surprised to learn you can with that one. Don't know if you can pin from all other launchers or not, but I'm really happy you can with that one.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
LoveSweetLove
LoveSweetLove began at the beginning.

kimicocopop - I'm not familiar with launchers (new to the whole android thing), but when you pin a book in Tapestries, can you make it open with a program other than Kobo?
LoveSweetLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

Have you tried long-pressing its icons to see what items come up?

Also, go to Settings->Apps-All->Kobo and see if it's set to Launch By Default (if you're able to launch it from a book's icons and you have multiple epub-handling apps, then it should be - IF it's not something hard-coded into Tapestries' pinning code). Hit the "Clear defaults" button. That should then make the system ask you which app to use the next time you tap an epub's icon.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
darknk
darknk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 16GB
I switch between 3 launchers whenever the fancy strikes(Action Launcher, Nova and Tapestries), the best launcher management app is by the people that made Nova. It called HomeSmack and it`s free. It lists the launchers you have and shortcuts to clear defaults or kill processes.

It can help when your testing between launchers
darknk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
LoveSweetLove
LoveSweetLove began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Have you tried long-pressing its icons to see what items come up?

Also, go to Settings->Apps-All->Kobo and see if it's set to Launch By Default (if you're able to launch it from a book's icons and you have multiple epub-handling apps, then it should be - IF it's not something hard-coded into Tapestries' pinning code). Hit the "Clear defaults" button. That should then make the system ask you which app to use the next time you tap an epub's icon.

Which icons do you mean?

in settings, everything is greyed out. Both for Moonreader and Kobo. They do not show any defaults set, any way to create defaults, or any way to clear defaults.
LoveSweetLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon

The icons of the ebooks you said you were pinning to Tapestries.

Though I guess if neither reader is being shown as default, it doesn't matter since it means that Tapestries is hardcoded to launch Kobo's app that way.