Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Damn these Geographic Restrictions - Help!!

Ok I have been looking for the Coyote Series by Allen Steele for download here in the UK. Now I have found the series on mobipocket and I can download them all except the 5th book!!!! All the other books I can download including book 6 wtf??

SO I looked on the UK version of Books on Board and again I seem to be able to download them but Book 5 is $20 wtf again lol!!! Why is this book so special??
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Which is the 5th one?
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
AFK_Matrix

Its called Coyote Horizon by Allen Steele. Most annoying as I don't want to purchase the series if I can't get book 5!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
How about from this link? I'm from the UK, and they let me put it in the basket at least.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
AFK_Matrix

Nah that won't work mate if you look closely at the book description page there is a part saying its for the US and CA only grrr
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Same problem with a series I want. Seems a very shortsighted view to lock out a large number of potential purchases in the name of geographical restrictions.

Is it an option to look via the darknet?

Alternatively, micropay from Fictionwise or buying a gift certificate from Diesel (not tried that yet) might work
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Anyone tried using a proxy or a tor? Might work.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
Nah that won't work mate if you look closely at the book description page there is a part saying its for the US and CA only grrr
Have someone from California or US buy it for you. Send them a paypal, have them buy it and then email it to you. I am both in California and have paypal.
Seems easy enough to get around it.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #9
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Hah. I had exactly this problem, too. I gave up looking at stuff much around then.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, might have been thinking of the wrong one - not sure if this one was available in the usual places from memory or not, would have to check later.

Last edited by Blue Tyson; 02-09-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Have someone from California or US buy it for you. Send them a paypal, have them buy it and then email it to you. I am both in California and have paypal.
Seems easy enough to get around it.
Ebookswap site?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #12
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Ebookswap site?
/confused!

Is that the name of the site? Or are you saying someone should be a eBook swap site?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Ebookswap site?
Yes... working for people you can't buy books with money...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #14
AFK_Matrix

Yeah I suppose the only thing to do is contact my relatives living in the US, what a faf just too get a damn book lol. I don't know if a proxy will work as I think mobipocket base it on where your credit card is registered, could be wrong though.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #15
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Fictionwise has it for $7.99 and with them it works when you use a valid US address and pay using your normal CC.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote