Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
emoreau
emoreau began at the beginning.

Device: Surface RT
Surface RT

Hi

Do you have any plans to have calibre available on Surface RT?
emoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoreau View Post
Hi

Tablets are a bit underpowered for the needs of Calibre. Some conversions run 24Hrs (at maximum CPU) Not many batteries like that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoreau View Post
Calibre works on a Surface Pro, but I do not believe there are any plans to support Surface RT.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
DuhMe
DuhMe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hey. I don't have an answer; just like to add that I received a Surface, runs RT, and I miss my Calibre!! I hope there's a way they will notify us when/if it is ever available for RT...even a slightly downgraded version would be fine.
DuhMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
Isn't Windows RT pretty much dead? All partners pulled out, no one is selling devices and MS can't even get rid of the stuff they made so far.

Kovid can probably better put his time into something that has marketshare.
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
DuhMe
DuhMe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I was hoping that when I downloaded windows 8.1 that Calibre would be usable. I miss my caliber! I see that others, on this forum and other places, would also like to be able to run caliber on their Surface. Please make it available for surface!!!
DuhMe is offline   Reply With Quote