Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #31
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Hey mike welcome to Mobileread!
Any effort of this type is always appreciated by others who are of a like mind. I know it is tedious work but you obviously enjoy doing it and others will benefit from it as well. I don't believe that your effort and hacker's will be wasted effort since I assume they'll be available in different formats. Plain text is always appreciated since though it isn't pretty at least it can be read anywhere and converted to anything. So I thank you for that!

Thanks again for sharing your work and I hope you'll post a comment or two when you have time.

Take care,
-Gatton
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 AM   #32
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
To keep the drool flowing, here are some examples of works I have created over the last month or so.. "quick hits". There are a lot more coming, so stay tuned for a busy 1Q2005!

Many of these are tests of a new set of tools I'm building to handle these kinds of works, in conjunction with human eyes and editing. I have a big surprise to launch soon, if all goes well over the next month or so.

Take a look and give me your feedback.
Anti-aliased fonts in Plucker:
http://code.plkr.org/aa/

Creating XPCOM Components
http://code.plkr.org/xpcom/

Version Control with Subversion
http://code.plkr.org/svn/

mobileQuote
http://code.plkr.org/mq/

dictoPlucker (this needs a new name, suggestions?)
http://code.plkr.org/dp/
There are many other projects of this quality that I'm working on as well. Its fun stuff, and I strongly believe in it. I hope my efforts aren't wasted.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #33
lasseelady
Banned
lasseelady began at the beginning.

Hello there,
Would you mind helping me out here? I have e-books on my website, www.markraney.com. At present, the short stories I have on my website are in
MS Word. I have talked with Bob here at MobileRead and he advises that a good format to use would be isilo found at www.isilo.com . My question is, since I am not a web designer and have no idea how this works, could you tell me - how does this program work? Do I need to go in and convert all my stories to this format individually or can a person viewing my site go to a link - sort of like adobe and download with that, I hate to be so dumb but this is out of my league but I must find out.
Lasseelady
MarkRaney.com
markraney@markraney.com
lasseelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 03:31 AM   #34
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Last time I used it it worked like this. You save the webpage as an html file. Then you can just open isilo and select that saved html file and it will convert it to an isilo file for you. Anyone who axeses your webpage can do this so there is no need for you to do it.
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #35
Rainer
Rainer began at the beginning.

Device: ngage qd (s60 vers. 1)
hi is there any wikipedia conversion for s60 devices? i know there is a german wikipedia conversion for mobipocket, can you remake such conversion, only in english? (i dont undersand german!)
thanks
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #36
Rainer

hi is there a way to make a template in isilo so i can store just 1 template AND the data instead of thousands of similar .html pages? (e.g. imdb or wikipedia sites...)
thank u
Old 07-28-2006, 05:41 AM   #37
Rainer

hi
i dont have a clue on how compression settings/options work in compressing a website into isilo format.
ive tried compressing reference sites and information is accessible but contains also alot of junk html formatting/tables/adverting that i want to eliminate from my archive.
are there some pre-made settings or scripts that i can run to automatically convert large websites into isilo?
thx
Old 10-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #38
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Hi all.

So this may have been covered in many other threads, and if so I apologise:

Is there a market for legally licenses privately/personally requested etext?

If there is, I'd love to know about it and whom I need to bug or bribe to have a private party (like hacker) OCR or whatever texts that are not currently available.
Sadly, I imagine that will all the hullabaloo regarding DRM--& I fully understand their intent, but disagree with implementation--precludes this possibility.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote