Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Shahid
Phoenix Pick Publishers
Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Phoenix Pick Publishers - Oct Free Ebook - Barking Dogs by Terence M. Green [Post 19]

Phoenix Pick’s free ebook for July is A. A. Attanasio’s ‘The Last Legends
of Earth.’

The Coupon Code is 9991300 Instructions and download link at
www.PPickings.com.

For those readers who enjoyed June’s free ebook (Joan Slonczewski’s
Daughter of Elysium) and wish to explore more of her great fiction, we are
offering the following coupon codes for 50% off the regular e-book price
via Smashwords.

Joan Slonczewski’s ‘The Children Star’ Coupon Code GR86M
Joan Slonczewski’s ‘Brain Plague.’ Coupon Code FH76U

Links and instructions at www.PPickings.com.

All coupons expire on July 31, 2010

About ‘The Last Legends of Earth’

Rated 5/5 stars on Amazon (38 reviews).

“The latest novel by Attanasio (Radix) partakes of elements of both fairy
tale and high-tech science fiction. Billions of years in the future, long
after the extinction of humankind and of the planet Earth, humans have
been resurrected as pawns in a cosmic power struggle waged in a distant
world. Tall and ungainly Chan-ti Beppu, who can expect only a spinster's
life in her native land, travels by lynk (a portal joining even remote
regions) to the beautiful city of N'ym, where she woos and wins Ned
O'Tennis. A fighter pilot, he is one of the Aesirai, a human strain
crafted from the genetic code of Earth's Vikings and unmolested by the
lethal, spiderlike zotl who prey on all other humans. But when war heats
up Ned is called away, and Chan-ti finally must seek her lover in the
treacherous Overworld, where no humans are safe. Theirs is an epic love
story, intricate, wildly imaginative and touching.”-Publishers Weekly

“An epic battle between two alien races spans thousands of years during
which a re-constituted human race serves as bait and trap in a war they
cannot hope to win…Explores the vast reaches of time from human and
inhuman perspectives, and provides a perfect vehicle for the author's
boundless imagination. Highly recommended.”-Library Journal
Shahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks!
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just remembered this was expiring soon, bumping it up.

Thanks for offering the monthly free books. Much appreciated.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thank you!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
thanks from me, too
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thank you!

This book sounds fantastic.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #8
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Just remembered this was expiring soon, bumping it up.

Thanks for offering the monthly free books. Much appreciated.
Thx for the bump.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I picked up both the Attanasio and the new Leigh titles. Many thanks.

A serious suggestion, though--consider a redesign of your website, or at least the main page. It is remarkably difficult to view, with that small window devoted to browsing actual books. If I had arrived there as a casual shopper looking to check out your selection, I doubt that I would have stayed long. It's just too painful.

Thanks for the books, though.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I have to agree. Without using a fairly small font, there isn't any room at the bottom to see anything (maybe you could stash that top frame alongst the side, instead?). It doesn't help, either that the title of the page is:

Quote:
To view this page correctly, you need a Web browser that supports frames.:
and I'm using the latest version of firefox.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Shahid
Phoenix Pick Publishers
Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.Shahid can teach chickens to fly.

Message form the Publisher

Yeah, I gotta have the whole web-site redone. We're actually a very, very tiny little company. I started this as a lark a few years ago from the basement of my house and (fortunately) the business has grown and grown--now-a-days I'm mostly playing catch-up.

Actually the book for August (Dark Water's Embrace) is one of the reasons I'm publishing SF. It is one of my favorite books in the genre and I was looking for it to re-read and discovered that it was out of print (with a few other titles I then searched for). And here I am ; )

btw, for those of you who are not aware of it, August's free ebook is Stephen Leigh's 'Dark Water's Embrace.' As mentioned it is one of my favorites and one of these little gems that, unfortunately, disappeared soon after its original publication.

Stephen is an outstanding author and deserves a lot more recognition than he has gotten in the field, so I'm happy to offer his book to potentially new readers.

The coupon code (unchanged from last month) is 9991300. The free book can be accessed from our (rather clunky, I'm hearing) catalogue at www.PPickings.com

Cheers,

Shahid Mahmud
Publisher
ARC Manor
(Phoenix Pick is the SF imprint).
Old 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Shahid,

Congrats on your growing business. I'm very happy to hear an independent non-DRM ebook distributor/publisher is doing well.

I attempted to obtain the free Dark Water's Embrace, but I was taken to a page to download July's free ebook instead (The Last Legends of Earth).
Old 08-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
Shahid
Phoenix Pick Publishers

Speedtouch, I just checked and the links seem to be working fine, and we've already had a couple of hundred downloads. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you were taken to a cached page with the old book. Try again and make sure to update the browser.

Shahid
Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Yep, you were right. I just needed to refresh it. Sorry for the false alarm and thank you for making this book available for free.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you. I'm going to try the August book, Stephen Leigh's 'Dark Water's Embrace.'
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote