Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
sumguy
Connoisseur
sumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
import HTML as new book - missing content.opf?

I'm considering switching from Sigil to Calibre's new book editor for making EPUBs from my PDF files. I use Mobipocket Creator to import a PDF file, it converts and saves as an HTML file and image files. Then I just copy that folder to my Mac. When I try to do "File->Import an HTML or DOCX file as a new book", and open the HTML file, I get this error:

calibre, version 1.26.0
ERROR: Failed to open book: Failed to open book, click Show details for more information.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/job.py", line 34, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tweak_book/boss.py", line 183, in func
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/import_book.py", line 50, in import_book_as_epub
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 137, in __init__
InvalidBook: Could not locate opf file: u'/private/var/folders/m6/cngf28xj345f36n_kgc30_5c0000gn/T/calibre_1.26.0_tmp_WXgV2j/45oIm9eei/content.opf'

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not an ebook expert by any means... currently I just run Sigil, click the + button (add existing files) and select the HTML file. Everything gets imported, I do a bit of cleaning up, and save it as EPUB. So now I'm trying to see if I can do the same thing with Calibre's new editor, since I heard Sigil isn't being developed anymore. Ideas? Thanks...
sumguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...4bed975b984e0e
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
sumguy
Connoisseur
sumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Hey that's great Kovid, looking forward to trying it out, thanks!
sumguy is offline   Reply With Quote