Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Request for HDX owners ... Pretty Please

I have an HD 8.9 and am very tempted to upgrade. One of the things giving me pause is I've been playing with a handwriting recognition app that replaces the keyboard. (I'm handwriting this post on my fire.)

The app is currently free at the google play store. I have no affiliation with the developer. It is MyScript Stylus (beta). I sideloaded it onto my HD 8.9, and I was able to select it as the keyboard. It works surprisingly well when writing with a finger, but I find that tricky... I got a fire point stylus - the musemee Notier V2, and I love the combination. I highly recommend trying the pair if you've ever lusted after any of the Samsung Note devices - that's what led me down this path. I know it's not the same, but it's surprisingly good - and my penmanship is pretty bad.

I'm afraid my newly found favorite input method might not work on the HDX with the new OS. If any HDX owners want to try it, I'd love to know if it works. On my fire it showed up as one of the selectable keyboard languages.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I tried the beta and yes it works on the hdx.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I tried the beta and yes it works on the hdx.
Thanks!
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote