Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
Adding a different type of the same book to the same book location

Hi,

Sometimes I have two copies of the same book, in different formats. Let's say that at one time I have a txt version of a book, I load it into calibre. Sometime later, I find the lrf version of the same book. I want to add it to calibre in the *same location* so that when I see the book I have TXT and LRF as book types.

However, I find that I can't, because when I upload the second book into calibre, it warns me of duplicates. If I say no to the warning, nothing gets loaded into the library. if I say yes, I have two library entries for the same book. I want the differing format book to go into the existing library entry. Is this possible?

thanks

edit: won't the ISBN need to be the same? what if there is no ISBN?
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Just add another format, using the controls on the upper right corner of the "Edit Meta Data" dialog.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
Oh! sorry, didn't see that ops:
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote