Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 12:38 AM   #4141
userloser
userloser began at the beginning.

Device: prs-650
Thanks!

I'll read the thread as is suggested above, and see what, if anything, I can do with the project files.
userloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:32 AM   #4142
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
Where is the "all in one" installer download link? I can not find it anywhere in the project website.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #4143
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Assuming you are looking for The PRS-350 and PRS-650 versions, they are for me on the first Download-Page:

PRSP_650_2.1.02alpha.zip PRS+ 2.1.02 alpha for 650 Featured Type-Archive Dec 17, 2012 22.18MB
PRSP_350_2.1.02alpha.zip PRS+ 2.1.02 alpha for 350 Featured Type-Archive Dec 17, 2012 22.05MB

(Not placing deeplinks here)
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #4144
gatosardina
gatosardina began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
so is this project dead?
I've seen in some places it is listed as "on pause" but cmon its been 4 years since last update
gatosardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:03 AM   #4145
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatosardina View Post
so is this project dead?
I've seen in some places it is listed as "on pause" but cmon its been 4 years since last update
Dead? Yes. But another way to look at it is the project is concluded. The last versions (PRS+ 2.1 alpha) all work great. I had these versions installed on PRS-505, PRS-300 and PRS-950 with as I recall no issues other than sometimes having to restart the device after playing some games.

It was and is an amazing replacement for the original firmware. I've since moved on to reading on an Android tablet.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2017, 10:57 AM   #4146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
so is this project dead?
I'd like to make a suggestion. If you are reading using a PRS-600, I would suggest getting a different Reader with a Carta screen. The 600's touch layer is very reflective and the touch layer also makes the screen not as sharp as it should be. Also, with some Readers, there is no need for an add-on such as PRS+because the firmware and/or reading software has a a lot of options built in.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #4147
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd like to make a suggestion. If you are reading using a PRS-600, I would suggest getting a different Reader with a Carta screen. The 600's touch layer is very reflective and the touch layer also makes the screen not as sharp as it should be. Also, with some Readers, there is no need for an add-on such as PRS+because the firmware and/or reading software has a a lot of options built in.
I have to agree with this--or at the very least find a used Sony PRS 650/350/950 or one of the T-series. The difference in screen clarity between these models and the 600 is quite noticeable.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #4148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would suggest a current model Reader. High resolution Carta screen and front light trumps Sony Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #4149
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha View Post
Where is the "all in one" installer download link? I can not find it anywhere in the project website.
I was able to find a mirror here.

https://bitbucket.org/matthieugiroux...ony/downloads/
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #4150
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since everyone is commenting on other options, nothing so far has beaten my experience with my 505. It's my favorite reader out of them all. Nothing else has beaten it, in my opinion.

Mirror of the PRS+ software.

https://bitbucket.org/matthieugiroux...ony/downloads/
Old 05-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #4151
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
It's nice to find a mirror. But there is no need for a mirror. The project site linked to from the first post still has all of the files required in its download area.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #4152
sealbeater
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
It's nice to find a mirror. But there is no need for a mirror. The project site linked to from the first post still has all of the files required in its download area.

I'm not so sure about that, I was looking last night for the files and was not able to find them on the project site.

EDIT: Just checked and you are right, they are there. Interesting, they were 404'ing for me yesterday.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:49 AM   #4153
gatosardina
gatosardina began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
this sounds very interesting, i do have a prs 600 and the screen broke some time ago so i have been into buying a replacement screen lately

where would one go to buy one of this screens?
and are they compatible out of the box or do they require some rewiring?
gatosardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:50 AM   #4154
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
this sounds very interesting, i do have a prs 600 and the screen broke some time ago so i have been into buying a replacement screen lately

where would one go to buy one of this screens?
and are they compatible out of the box or do they require some rewiring?
He is suggesting buying an entire new reader with a Carta screen as the built in screen.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #4155
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeater View Post
I'm not so sure about that, I was looking last night for the files and was not able to find them on the project site.

EDIT: Just checked and you are right, they are there. Interesting, they were 404'ing for me yesterday.
See Post #4140
If you get a 404-Error enable all scrips if you are using noscipt or similar, this did the trick for me.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote